A couple more knives.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Hi Guys.

Another two up for sale.

First up, an Eagle in 3mm 01.... Afzelia Burl scales, black liners, Brass fittings. Comes with sheath. £165 posted. NOW £140 SOLD!!!!!

Last is the M.O.R.A from a previous sales thread. 3mm 01, Walnut, Black liners, Sheath... Price reduced to £125 posted. (Now £110

Thanks for looking.:)

Last edited:

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Cheers guys :)

Yeah Kris, its a very deep red, not many woods about like that.... pretty toxic though apparently.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
lovely m8, that padauks surprised me....not my usual thing but i really like it,

s

Cheers mate... it is quite striking. :)

Mark would that make it not safe for food prep??

Sent from somewhere?

The wood is sealed in the same oil every other knife i make is, Danish oil. This is not a food safe oil.... but it cures hard, and doesn't leech into food, it keeps the wood about its own business. Lots of woods are toxic... Yew, a popular knife handle, is deadly poisonous, but you need to eat if for the toxin to take effect... same for padauk... the toxicity would only get to you through the dust while sanding.. It gives me headache with even with a mask on. Perfectly fine as a knife handle though. Rachaels knife has a padauk handle....Shes had no probs.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
It was just a thought as I read, didn't know that about Yew..😳 so safe to say you wouldn't use those woods to make a chopping board then!! 😉 thanks for the reply though Mark.

Sent from somewhere?

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Yeah, you can make a chopping board with them, and utensils, You are not ingesting the wood, and if they are sealed well then every things all good.

Padauk toxicity...
Allergies/Toxicity: Although severe reactions are quite uncommon, Padauk has been reported as a sensitizer. Usually most common reactions simply include eye, skin, and respiratory irritation. See the articles Wood Allergies and Toxicity and Wood Dust Safety for more information.

Yew
Allergies/Toxicity: Although severe reactions are quite uncommon, Yew has been reported as a irritant. Usually most common reactions simply include eye, skin, and respiratory irritation, as well as nausea. Additionally, nearly all parts of the Yew tree are considered toxic and poisonous to humans, and care should be exercised when working with this wood species. See the articles Wood Allergies and Toxicity and Wood Dust Safetyfor more information.

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
Knife arrived today Mark, fit and finish are excellent. Fells really good in the hand, can't wait to start to use it.
Thanks
Si

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE