a cheeky tip to get free water proof small boxes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
do your kids drink this?

2013-02-06085640.jpg

if so the boxes are water proof

just a cheeky iccle tip i found out earlier

drew

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Heh

Just noticed earlier that some Wrigley mints come in a nice little steel tin.

It's 8cm long, 3cm wide, and 2cm deep, with a flip/hinged (never loose) top lid.

41sM%2BmUXoFL._SL500_.jpg

Jan 19, 2013
Finland
Waterproof jars are rather essentiel when kayaking, so tend to pick up anything that might be waterproof.

purnut_zps243fdea7.jpg

The large jar is about 6pt (3ltr) got them from former jobs kitchen, they bought olives in them.
The bigger white one was horse vitamins, now first aid stuff and the small white one a ibuprofen jar, now containing tinder.
The Lush tin has McD salt&pepper sachets in it, rest of the stuff just props :)
I don't think the tin is waterproof, but will be stored in a dry basket, with dry foodstuffs, so that should cover it.
Might put a some of those silicate bags or make a tiny bag of rice in there too to keep the salt dry.
The Berocca ones I have several, they house plenty of small stuff, cable ties, fuses, matces, floats, you name it.

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
SMA milk tins with the plastic clip on lids are very handy. The big ones are good for storing stuff at home and the smaller ones useful around base camp for tea bags, sugar et al.

joe.ford

Forager
Apr 8, 2004
Essex
These are completely water proof. Held down at the bottom of the bath for about 15 mins, with now water inside after.

The down side is that you have to dispose of the contents (I chose eating them:lmao:) And after along and painful struggle I was successful

61958_large.jpg

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
For some reason the only picture I can't see is the OP's! What exactly is drew referring too?

My container tip is for the little packets of mints you can buy from Lidl. They are metal hinged items and quite robust. I use mine for keeping my earbud headphones in.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
For some reason the only picture I can't see is the OP's! What exactly is drew referring too?

My container tip is for the little packets of mints you can buy from Lidl. They are metal hinged items and quite robust. I use mine for keeping my earbud headphones in.

Its a plastic yellow nesquik tub/jar.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE