A challenge !

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Of course the originals were made made by the light of a headtorch whilst sat on the ground by a campfire. If you're making them in daylight, sitting on a deckchair in your back garden, it's the equivalent of using steroids to win the Olympics...

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
yea, ok so in the woodland it is.
if for reasons like preventing forest fires i cant burn it in the woodland, is it still considered wild if sacrificed at home?

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
a clay oven for a sacrifice... lol! nah im sure we will find a clearing to camp in anyway because we are going by car. when you say only the tools you carry with you do you mean just a knife? i usually have my mora clipper, GB carving axe and spoon knives when i go camping because even though im not good at any of it i enjoy it :D
what i listed above was what i was planning to use (the spoon knives for eye sockets), is that not allowed?

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
that'll do for me. i cant use any less than that because im planning a pretty big idol lol, depending on what trees are about. i am hoping there will be an abundance of 1'+ diameter silver birch about and i am planning to cut the top off about 6' up and carve it where it's standing (help keep it stable in the bigger bits of carving) then chop it off close to the ground and take it back to camp.
cant wait :D

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
ah, turns out where im going is not going to have any trees... ummm...
we will be driving about quite a bit so if i come across a tree that will work i will take it.
does it have to be all one piece? if so i will look for some arm like branches :D

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Scorpio -- Hi Jordan I've sent you a PM you seemed to be in the spirit of the challenge so if you PM me your details I'll post the box of Tinder bits off to you with a couple of additions some Jute string and a piece of Linen rope slow match (thanks Tombear) cheers Danny

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
wow that arrived quick! i have made several rooms stink having a go with all my new burning stuff :D that purple goo really confused me lol!
i couldn't work out why there was a bullet shell in there until i tried to put out that bit of rope lol!
THANKS!!!!

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I forgot about this thread until I loaded the pics up from when I took my son and nephews camping at Stonethwaite last month. While I was there I made them a fire idol out of a piece of firewood. While it was quite small, it was kinda sinister.

P4100282.jpg

P4100284.jpg

P4100288.jpg

The boys liked it anyway.

Cheers, Michael.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE