a bullroarer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I've just been trying to get mine to sing and it hardly makes a sound:confused:
It starts to "thrum" as it were but it's really very quiet.
any ideas as to how to scare the cack out of the neighbours with it, apart from throwing it through their window of course:D
cheers
R.B.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
how thick is it and is the cord nice and thin and getting nicely twisted?

I think the main sound comes when the roarer starts spinning on its axis whilst being twirled in the arc if that makes sence... :rolleyes:. You need to 'wind it up' a little before it roars

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
These are not safe under heavy consumption. Had this thing making great sounds.. and then later on that evening, showing a friend.. and WWAAAPPP... right on my ankle.
ouch!...
dimensions 12" long X 2" at widest X 1/4" thick... Slight long taper to about 2/3's of the way down the length. tried it with rounded edges first.. required a little bit more twist.. and then beveled the edges thinner... now gets a great sound

rancid badger

how thick is it and is the cord nice and thin and getting nicely twisted?

I think the main sound comes when the roarer starts spinning on its axis whilst being twirled in the arc if that makes sence... :rolleyes:. You need to 'wind it up' a little before it roars

I'm using para cord, i thinned it down a bit this morning and it's buzzing better but still not that impressive.

I think I'll have a go at a heavier/bigger one and see how I get on.

cheers
R.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE