A brace of pocket knife sheaths

Firstly an Adriondack sheath for the custom svord i got from Albus cutler, this also features a fixing for a small sharpening rod, what i am really pleased with is that this sheath fits nicely into my pocket the slight curve on one side allows it to rest in the bottom of my jeans pocket without clustering there,
it also reassures me the svord isnt going to somehow open in my pocket and do me a mischief

i am undecided as to if i want to wet form around the peasent, its a reasonable friction fit as it is, perhaps in a while when the fit may loosen i shall reassess

secondly a very basic slip sheath to protect my joker pocket knife

what i love about this particular leather is it with age really well
the zippo case in this pic is about four yrs old now and has a really nice feel and aged look to it
so i have high hopes for the jokers sheath maturing well too

thanks for looking, not the standard of some (you watch Angst, Luckylee and Dreadhead will all post something later today that completely blows my efforts away) but i am pleased with them both

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
I still like the Svord on in smooth friction fit. And was going to say same for Joker too. However that Zippo case has moulded so beutifuly I'm now not sure.

Lets see what the world of BCUK think on wet form or not :)

I'm now going to have to pull my finger out and get a sheath sorted too

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
i am pleased with them both

Good job there and your satisfaction is the important thing:). Those will serve well.
My leatherwork is much too embarrassing to be shown in public:eek:

(you watch Angst, Luckylee and Dreadhead will all post something later today that completely blows my efforts away)

These three fellows are who I immediately think of when anything to do with leather comes to mind. A pleasure to see what they come up with! Definitely in a league of their own...

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
nice work I have to admit i find stiched sides easier than foldover pouches when they are this small

but that Adriondack sheath realy works for me I must look at making one

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Very nice mate, I actually like when little pouches look homemade and not too fancy, all ads to the used look, iv a few like that myself that just get better with time

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
lol....sorry about my thread sam m8!!!...its all good....and as the man kepis said the other day....everyones got talent....its just time and practice!!!

chuckling about the 'doing a mischief' bit....yup, ya wouldnt want a svord opening up in ya pocket....especially if you were running for the bus at the time!!! lol...ouch! snip! no more kids! lolol!

a

ps....gotta say this even though i'll probably get in trouble....hard to say what i mean....but i dont aim for perfection either...i like any craft to have a warmth to it....i like to be able to see a contrast between the raw material and the finished surfaces....to see signs of the craftsman....its what it is to be handmade. i've gone completely off shineys since knowing Sir Dave Buddliness....those hammer blows and the finish he gets completely does it for me. for want of a better term...''imperfectly perfect''. am i making sense or is Sir D gona chop me? seriously though....i love it...cant pay a higher compliment!

pps....that bag dready made recently with that leather lid on it that looked like wood....absolutely mindblowingly good!

Last edited:
lol....sorry about my thread sam m8!!!...its all good....and as the man kepis said the other day....everyones got talent....its just time and practice!!!

a

Yeah is cool mate I was just joshin with you.

I'm happy to be producing my own stuff t tell truth. Half the trouble is once I've made one I don't need to make another one so I dont necessarily improve the specific items. But it's getting there.

Got a few more ideas in pipeline.......

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
The adriondack sheaths I researched on google images all had no belt loop so I think they are intended purely for pocket carry.
However ive a few more ideas bubbling around in the grey matter so we'll see what I come up with :)

I think the original thought was pocket carry but there's no reason not to make adaptations :approve: . I don't tend to put much in my back pocket, but I do like the idea of having something which would stand more chance of remaining upright in a cargo pocket or pouch :D ...

Having sought and gained Sam's permission, I'm whacking a couple of pics of my own prototype / trial run up here. Plenty of room for improvement due to the rather odd characteristics of the leather (more to come about that at a later date, once I've had a better play and lived with it a while ;) ).

A longer torch would bring the lower left corner back into square ~ there are plenty of small tweaks I'd put into mkII though :rofl: . Weird leather to work with but very nice :approve:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE