A Blade for my lady

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Hi guys, I take my wife camping about 2-3 times a year, well I say camping I mean glamping lol.
I also take my cheaper knives with me like a mora or a hvk as I know she will want to borrow it to try whittle something like a point or chop food on a rock and dent up the blade, hence bring the cheap knife.
I know what you are gonna say guys & iv tried teaching her but they don't want to listen or care..
Anyway the last time we went out I took my A Wright with me and told her that she is not aloud to borrow it until she learns how to use a knife properly.
She asked me if she could hold it which I let her, and she made a very good point that most bushcraft knives are built for a mans hand.
So I asked her what would she like in a knife? and this is what she told me.. A handle about the same size as the mora but with a bushy look and more curves, must be a full tang with a lanyard whole, a drop point blade but slightly more rounded than the A Wright and not to long but thicker, the cutting edge to be a scandi and to start a bit away from the handle to make it easier for to sharpen. I thought to my self this could be a project for my 4th knife to make, so I took one of my old files and got to work on it and turned it into a knife. This is what I came up with guys, iv told her she's not aloud to have it until she lets me teach her the respect and safety of owning and using a knife, once she shows me that, she can have it.

All heat treating is done by myself, also I'm not sure what wood i used for the handle as I found it in a wood skip, if anyone has any idea please tell me :)
Only finished her up today pics are not doing her any favors.
Sheath to come next
a4ububy7.jpg
susyha8a.jpg
zyte9uza.jpg
gume6u4e.jpg

thanks for looking

Jonboy83

Forager
Nov 2, 2011
Wales
Nice work! I like that, my wife has an opinel but now she wants her own custom one (with purple scales !! :eek: )

I'll do anything for a woman with a knife... :)

Let's face it who wouldn't!:D My wife is welsh and shes persuasive enough without a knife lol

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Nice work! I like that, my wife has an opinel but now she wants her own custom one (with purple scales !! :eek: )

Let's face it who wouldn't!:D My wife is welsh and shes persuasive enough without a knife lol

Purple scales that sounds like a plan, will you make it yourself??

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE