A bit more hot metal and leatherwork.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
The last set like this has certainly fired up a bit of interest, so, here we go again!

This set is heading to the Emerald Isle. The leather patches you'll all probably recognise as some more of Trev's excellent work, as is the engraving on the golok and the knife. The belt is 38mm wide and is made from 3.5mm cowhide. All the rest is buffalo. The knife is a full tang 01 blade with ash grips. The sheath is a horizontal carry, but can also be slung from the strap underneath the pouch. The golok can be hung from the belt or attached to a pack with the straps.

iri-1.jpg

iri-2.jpg

iri-3.jpg

iri-4.jpg

iri-5.jpg

This is another set that's heading of on the morrow, pretty much the same as the one above, but without the patches and the golok.

stev5.jpg

stev3.jpg

Pretty much the same blade as well, except this one is finished in yew.

I need a week or two now for my fingers to recover! So, what does the hive mind think?

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
My fingers are still recovering! It certainly took a time. Thanks for all your comments.

The pain may not be nice during or after doing it mate, but your handy-work I do like.. :).. someones going to be a proud owner of a nice bit of craftwork.. :), which you have certainly got the skill. :).

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
It's a very difficult process. First I spend several days sourcing the correct weight and grade of leather, then I had to painstaking design a lace cutter that would cut exactly the width that I required. Then after many hours prestretching the resultant thong to get it just right...

...I thought, " sod this for a game of soldiers" and bought several rolls of the stuff from a wholesaler that sells stuff to make hippy necklaces!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE