"A basic Guide to Making your own Outdoor Activities Clothing " facsimile edition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Order now to avoid Xmas disappointment! Not many posting days until Xmas!
Thanks to public interest I have prepared a facsimile edition of my long out of print "A basic Guide to Making your own Outdoor Activities Clothing " book.
Unfortunately the original work was lost when the printer closed down and sold the business, equally unfortunately my personal copies were loaned out - and never returned!
It has been suggested to me that some members of this site might like to own copies and that I produce PDF facsimile edition, scanned from a copy given to me by a member of this site.

The booklet has several sections -
A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 - waterproof chaps
2 -Mitts
3 - Windshirt
4 - Waterproof Jacket
5 - Over trousers
6 - Walking Trousers
7 - Walking Jacket
8 - Gaiters.
D -Further reading

Admittedly not all the info in the book is now in date - some of the addresses for suppliers etc - and the items are basic not modern fashion, designs and some of the scale grids on the copy I have are not the sharpest repros ever ... but the book is still usable.

If you are interested in owning a PDF or word document of the book then it will cost a mere £5 for emailed versions or plus £1 P&P if you want a disk version.
PM me for payment details and the address to send me your money!

I am also up for trades on these :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Wondering what to spend you Xmas prezzie money on? Look no further!
Thanks to public interest I have prepared a facsimile edition of my long out of print "A basic Guide to Making your own Outdoor Activities Clothing " book.
Unfortunately the original work was lost when the printer closed down and sold the business, equally unfortunately my personal copies were loaned out - and never returned!
It has been suggested to me that some members of this site might like to own copies and that I produce PDF facsimile edition, scanned from a copy given to me by a member of this site.

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 - waterproof chaps
2 -Mitts
3 - Windshirt
4 - Waterproof Jacket
5 - Over trousers
6 - Walking Trousers
7 - Walking Jacket
8 - Gaiters.
D -Further reading

Admittedly not all the info in the book is now in date - some of the addresses for suppliers etc - and the items are basic not modern fashion, designs and some of the scale grids on the copy I have are not the sharpest repros ever ... but the book is still usable.

If you are interested in owning a PDF of the book then it will cost a mere £5 for emailed versions or plus £1 P&P if you want a disk version.

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Wondering what to spend you Xmas prezzie money on? Look no further! Ideal for someone new to making their own gear!

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 - waterproof chaps
2 -Mitts
3 - Windshirt
4 - Waterproof Jacket
5 - Over trousers
6 - Walking Trousers
7 - Walking Jacket
8 - Gaiters.
D -Further reading

If you are interested in owning a PDF of the book then it will cost a mere £5 for emailed versions or plus £1 P&P if you want a disk version.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ideal for someone new to making their own gear!

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 - waterproof chaps
2 -Mitts
3 - Windshirt
4 - Waterproof Jacket
5 - Over trousers
6 - Walking Trousers
7 - Walking Jacket
8 - Gaiters.
D -Further reading

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Xmas is coming -Ideal for someone new to making their own gear!

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 - waterproof chaps
2 -Mitts
3 - Windshirt
4 - Waterproof Jacket
5 - Over trousers
6 - Walking Trousers
7 - Walking Jacket
8 - Gaiters.
D -Further reading

I am also up for trades on these :)[

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Something to spend your Christmas money on?

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 - waterproof chaps
2 -Mitts
3 - Windshirt
4 - Waterproof Jacket
5 - Over trousers
6 - Walking Trousers
7 - Walking Jacket
8 - Gaiters.
D -Further reading

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Spring is here! Time to think about gear for the season ahead!

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 - waterproof chaps
2 -Mitts
3 - Windshirt
4 - Waterproof Jacket
5 - Over trousers
6 - Walking Trousers
7 - Walking Jacket
8 - Gaiters.
D -Further reading

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Summer is here! Time to think about gear for the season ahead!

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 - waterproof chaps
2 -Mitts
3 - Windshirt
4 - Waterproof Jacket
5 - Over trousers
6 - Walking Trousers
7 - Walking Jacket
8 - Gaiters.
D -Further reading

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Xmas is coming! Time to think about gear for the season ahead!

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 - waterproof chaps
2 -Mitts
3 - Windshirt
4 - Waterproof Jacket
5 - Over trousers
6 - Walking Trousers
7 - Walking Jacket
8 - Gaiters.
D -Further reading

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Summer is coming! Time to think about gear for the season ahead!

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 - waterproof chaps
2 -Mitts
3 - Windshirt
4 - Waterproof Jacket
5 - Over trousers
6 - Walking Trousers
7 - Walking Jacket
8 - Gaiters.
D -Further reading

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 - waterproof chaps
2 -Mitts
3 - Windshirt
4 - Waterproof Jacket
5 - Over trousers
6 - Walking Trousers
7 - Walking Jacket
8 - Gaiters.
D -Further reading

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 - waterproof chaps
2 -Mitts
3 - Windshirt
4 - Waterproof Jacket
5 - Over trousers
6 - Walking Trousers
7 - Walking Jacket
8 - Gaiters.
D -Further reading

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE