71 Degrees North - ITV Saturday 9pm

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
Anyone see this new series on Saturday night ??

Now not one normally attracted to celebrity survival programmes ther were some intersting parts to this particularly the vast Scandanavian scenery.

I was particularly intersted to find out the make/details of the tents they were using, looked like some kind of modern military spec arctic tent ? Contemporary fabrics , liners but with options for internal stoves etc......

Any ideas of make/supplier/uk distributor/price etc welcomed .....

These types of porgrams really grind my gears (to coin a phrase from peter griffin). Why do celebs who have more disposable income than your avarage joe bloggs, get paid to do this type of stuff?

I'd give my left nut to get to play out and about in the arctic (would prefer to pay but am a little hard up).....

They probably did'nt even have to buy their own kit :(

Last edited:

Fizzy

Nomad
Feb 8, 2010
Ash Vale
I'm probably going to watch the second episode now that annoying bint has gone. Did anyone else think she deserved a slap?

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I'm probably going to watch the second episode now that annoying bint has gone. Did anyone else think she deserved a slap?

I thought it was great the way she said "I can't be doing with people saying they are cold..." and then seeing the look on her face when she got into that water. Priceless....
rofl.gif

Penhall

Jun 21, 2011
Harpenden
Has anyone tried out the Bergans Lavvu? I see that Tamaracks are doing the 6-8 with floor and mossie door net for under £500 while the equivalent Helsport Porsanger (which is a bit smaller) with ground sheet is more like £700. A couple of hundred quid is quite a difference unless the Porsanger is a much better product with a longer life span.

Any ideas on comparables for the same price would be appreciated (the Tentipis and Varangers are a bit out of range unfortunately) ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE