58 Pattern Jungle Machete

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

peterkm

Nov 24, 2004
BELFAST
Hi, Has anyone got or used a 58 pattern jungle machete. I got an offer of one but wanted to know more about the quality of the blade etc.

Peter

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
The blades are not that great but they do the job they are supposed to do, mine has done 4 trips to the jungle and was used to remove 150 meters of hedge some years ago and has even been used to fell a 40 foot pine tree as a bet and it is still going strong. I just use a fine metal file to sharpen it.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Heavy and solid is the best way I can discribe them. I've had one for years and years and years and just can't seem to break it.
They aren't the best steel but I've done everything you're supposed to with it with no problems and several things you're not....hacking thought armoured eletrical cable for a start!!! Did get nicks in the blade but it went through it...few mins with a file and it's back to it's former glory!

If you want bomb proof....this is the way forward.

I love mine but I know lots of people don't like them (mainly people who if questioned, haven't used them :eek:): )

So long as you're not paying more than £15 to £20 then I say go for it Mate! :wave:

They are heavy though....if you're slashing and hacking through thick undergrowth all day you will either be knackered or end up with arms like Arnie Swatz!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE