5 Items Or Less.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Still thinking about doing this, can't decide how I should do it. I'm thinking:

-BRK Imp
-Emergency blanket
-Magnifying glass
-Loaf of bread
-Eggs

I'd like to build and maintain a firebundle through the day and evening, hiking through to a sheltered spot, and use it to set a fire with a frying stone to cook my eggs once the sun has gone done. Maybe a bit risky, if the fire fails I'm stuffed, never tried a bowdrill so I wouldn't have any real alternative ways of getting a fire going. Blanket as a bivi on a fallen leaf bed, or on the off chance theres a storm rigged as a tarp.

Fires are illegal here tho' so I'm trying to think up interesting alternative ideas. I'll usually build a fire but it's really dry in August which makes me paranoid about starting a forest fire..

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Still thinking about doing this, can't decide how I should do it. I'm thinking:

-BRK Imp
-Emergency blanket
-Magnifying glass
-Loaf of bread
-Eggs

I'd like to build and maintain a firebundle through the day and evening, hiking through to a sheltered spot, and use it to set a fire with a frying stone to cook my eggs once the sun has gone done. Maybe a bit risky, if the fire fails I'm stuffed, never tried a bowdrill so I wouldn't have any real alternative ways of getting a fire going. Blanket as a bivi on a fallen leaf bed, or on the off chance theres a storm rigged as a tarp.

Fires are illegal here tho' so I'm trying to think up interesting alternative ideas. I'll usually build a fire but it's really dry in August which makes me paranoid about starting a forest fire..

as you cant have a fire i will allow you to take a fire pit or BBQ type thing to have a fire in, this would be a free item, the way you light it and your fuel should come from the woods or will count as items....

hope this helps.

chris.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
I'm guessing they're illegal too. This time of year the fire risk in forests in southern Europe is frightening and you'd be insane to start any kind of a fire.

Yep exactly. It's been relatively wet this year from what I've gathered, we had lots of storms in July but August has just dried everything out.

I have the next few days off so I think I'll head out tomorrow or tuesday, dependant on an interesting idea, perhaps theming it as a real life scenario. Otherwise I'm planning a longer hike at the end of August.

Mar 1, 2011
Fife, Scotland
Going to do this tomorrow.

Kit will be

Mora 137 ( 3 and 3/4 inch one) and 6 eggs.

Is water free? i have no drinkable water in my wood.

Edit won't be going today, it's sunday lol

Last edited:

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
I'm gutted I'm not going to get chance to be out overnight before the end of the month, will still give it a bash next time I can, after locating a suitable area - all the woods close by are on hills, and I don't fancy rolling down them in the middle of the night by accident!

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
end of september i think???

not many entries so if its a gooden with lots of pic's you could win it mate...:)

Sounds right, was august but then got extended?:)
Wish i had done it a month back, the night are slowly getting colder!
Its a real learning experience :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE