3x vintage small axes Made in ENGLAND

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
Hi All

Selling these 3x small vintage axes found in the shed. They are made in ENGLAND maybe 50 - 100 years ago perhaps by ELWELL or BRADES, but cannot read the makers name maybe due to rust? Have not cleaned them up.

Gave light sharpening with file, and they got very sharp. The original wooden handles were loose when found, so I put some nails to secure, and they seem work well, but ideally they could do with new handles sometime in the future.

Would work great for making kindles, wood carving or general camping work. Full of character, light and small and yet can get scary sharp if sharpened properly.

Asking price £30 ==> £25 for the 1st and the third one lot, ===> SOLD
the middle one ==> SOLD By ordering these items, the buyer proves over 18 of age. cheers.

20956477785_5fb6c856b3_c.jpg

Last edited:

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
Every gardener, bushcrafter, wood carver and camper needs good vintage small axes. :)

The middle one sold.

Remaining 2x for 30 or each one at the price.

Last edited:

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
Bump with price drop. £25 for the 1st and 3rd lot, or £15 for the 1st one, and £12 for the right most one.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
The two remaining axes are lovely Kent patterns. Good for carvers, but not so good for splitting. I like them a lot, but I have one already.

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
The two remaining axes are lovely Kent patterns. Good for carvers, but not so good for splitting. I like them a lot, but I have one already.

Yup spot on, they carve very well. Better with thicker heads for splitting I agree. But still good for making small kindlings. :)

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
by far the 1st one the old kent is the better of the three,the poll hass been beaten tf on the others,i just wish folk wouldnt beat axws when theyre naughty! good luck with the sale. btw have you seen the fb group 'axe junkies' ? some grat axes on there:https://www.facebook.com/groups/AxeJunkies/?fref=ts

yup, they are all good, but especially the first axe cuts and carves hardest woods like a razor going through hot butter, and keeps that sharp edge forever. I was very impressed and tempted to keep it for my carving projects, but then I have got more old tools left lying around in the shed by previous owners of the house, who used to be a wood carver. Please watch out for more nice tools for sale from me in the near future. Thanks for info in fb by the way.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE