38 km in to the mountains

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
So as I posted some time ago , I wanted to go to see the colorful lakes , it was my dream , so who would make it come true if not me.
We left the city at 5am , after 3 hour drive we were at the road to the village , which because of rain few days before , they couldn't drive on it. Thats when the journey begun , 7km until the village Roshka , it was pretty hard considering it was very stiff uphill , when at least arrive at the village we had a small 40min rest to eat and let legs rest for a minute or two and then again on the road 10km until the lake , first 5km were the toughest in my life , I wanted to stop there lay down and wait for them to come back , I called my father , I still had few meters until the connectivity would lost , he made this motivational speech , that I should continue and not be a sissy , I found will power and continued walking , I was the last person , even more I was couple of hundred meters behind of the last person , so I took my speed which I would have until the end , I didn't stop for the left 5km only to drink water and go , when I arrived at the lake I was not the last , even more I was in front of 10 people , that was quite motivating :) by the way I was so dehydrated that I stop for water every 100 meters and still my mouth was dry as sahara. When I arrived at the lakes I was fascinated , it was the most beautiful place I have ever seen , the mountains were so big I thought I was in some kind of land of giants :) We couldn't go on the 3rd lake (3km from this two right under the mountain) because of heavy snow due to leak of sun light. we stayed there for about an hour had a small dinner , took pictures and listened to beautiful music sang by out friend , who decided to take his guitar instead of a pack :D the 17km back has so easy I didn't even stop for 10km until I reached the village where I took water and went to the cars . I was so fascinated I was not tired and was ready to go back again and here is the funny fact , I left the lake very very last , I was in the last guy who was coming down and when we arrived at cars I was 3rd who was there , I wasn't going fast I had my temp which I had until the end , I overtook 103 people so far that I waited 2.5 hour in the car until the last one came down.
The conclusion is that , now when I am home I don't remember the suffer I went trough , only thing I remember are the beautiful lakes and mountains. I will go there for sure in the future but not less than minimum 2 days , I want to see the 3rd one very very much.
I didn't have the energy to take a nice high quality video , but I took this , it is better than nothing

Thanks for your interest and patience to read this huge text of mine :)

[video=youtube;xjke1H5izW0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjke1H5izW0[/video]

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Here are some pictures

55ec1b4a1489.jpg

6a3c2181f614.jpg

dc8de415c5cd.jpg

21e44f1b4675.jpg

3252a3958eb5.jpg

3a2736dadd8d.jpg

c416d3fcec51.jpg

57622aa4dd4a.jpg

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Thank you guys very much ! Yeah it was worth every sweat drop.
I will return there for more than 2 days for sure , in close future.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE