3 minute warning on BBC radio 2 today! TEOTWAWKI

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
Dont know about you but i thaught the cold war was over! but during the Jeremy Vine show today during an interview with Martin Lewis the phone that he described as the 'nuclear attack phone' rang ,he had to answer it on air as as far as he knew it would only ring in the event of the three minute warning that a nuclear attack was on its way.turned out to be one of those automated spam type calls!
must admit i was worried for a minute,thaught we had put all that behind us in the 90's!
did anyone else hear it? its on their listen again system for the next 7 days.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
at 09:30 - 10:30 in South Liverpool you can hear a Air Raid siren Monday and Thursday morning good old honest drone too, but you can't find a reliable explanation of what's causing it. Some say ICI, others Mersey Docks and harbour warning of dangerous cargo problem, others say its the last air raid siren on a auto test in some church.

Myself, I laugh because since the 90's we havent had any form of warning in place for the public for a Nuclear strike, if we where going to take a atomic spanking we would make nice flash burns on the pavement. having said that I would take the opportunity to mess with Time Team 3041, by dangling a cardboard cut out of a phallus 2 ft long betwixed my legs and a speech bubble reading "I AM YOUR GOD" I have a suspicion about cave paintings that I want to try, so begins the family legend.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
at 09:30 - 10:30 in South Liverpool you can hear a Air Raid siren Monday and Thursday morning good old honest drone too, but you can't find a reliable explanation of what's causing it. Some say ICI, others Mersey Docks and harbour warning of dangerous cargo problem, others say its the last air raid siren on a auto test in some church.....

Over here we still use those mounted sirens for weather alerts (tornado warnings, etc.) and have done all my life (I'm almost 56) They are tested daily during the work=week but always at a prescribed time so as not to cause any alarm. In fact their noon testing serves as a lunch bell for most.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE