3 knives, feathers-stick and firesteel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Today I want to try 3 different knives, doing feather-sticks and lightning them whit the firesteel: Gerber Bear Grylls, Mora 2000, Fallkniven F1

Gerber BG
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
It’s easy to obtain feathers, and they are very thin.

Mora 2000
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
It’s not easy to obtain feathers (I lack control on the knife moving it up and down), and they are not very thin.

Fallkniven F1

[/URL]
[/URL]
It’s fairly easy to obtain feathers, and they are thin enough.

My ranking about making feathers: 1° Gerber BG, 2° Fallkniven F1, 3° Mora 2000
[/URL]

Let’s go to try the firesteel.
Gerber BG

Huge amount of sparks using the proper section on the back of the blade, feathers lightning is fast and easy.

Mora 2000

Poor amount of sparks, and just using the section on the back of the blade next to the tip, feathers lightning is not fast and not easy.

Fallkniven F1

Good amount of sparks using the proper section on the back of the blade, feathers lightning is fairly fast and easy.

Final ranking, taking into consideration both making feathers and lighting them whit a firesteel: 1° Gerber BG, 2° (very close) Fallkniven F1, 3° Mora 2000
[/URL]

Ciao,
Alfredo

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I have both the BG ultimate and a Mora, I find it easier to featherstick with the Mora (prefer to use my axe), but agree with the fire steel. Even the supplied rod gives off a good shower.

sent from my Jelly Bean'd galaxy nexus.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE