25th - 27th July Giants Seat camp (Welchyd1's stag do)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Giants Seat is located off Ringley Road West.
This is the A667, which runs between Whitefield (Manchester) and Kearsley (Bolton).
The campsite is between the villages of Outwood and Ringley.
Distance from M60 Junction 17 - 3 miles (10 minutes).

Grid reference (of entrance from Ringley Road West) - SD 774 055 GB Grid

Address:
Ringley Road West
Radcliffe
Manchester
M26 1DY

Sat Nav users enter M26 1DY and keep following the track to the end, bearing left where it splits

Or paste this into Google

53.53995,-2.342162

About the Site

The site is a functioning scout camp, we are lucky enough to have built a great relationship with the warden and are pretty much given free reign.

There are 10,000 standing Tree’s majority Oak although there are birch and beech on the site as well as a few others.

There is a VERY large field that can be used for tents etc. this is flanked by woods on both sides. Also at the bottom of the field is another wooded area ALL of which is scout land. The boundary on the left (looking down the field with Martin Lodge behind you) is the stream. On the right the boundary is the road that runs towards the garden centre. At the bottom the boundary is where the rail track meet the Motorway. The site as a whole covers 54 acres, so there is no issue with space.

There is a fully functional Shower block with 3 electric showers, sinks, urinals and 5 toilets. There is also access to drinking water on the site.

There are a few rules that need to be followed to allow us all to have a good time without damaging the relationship that we have built.

Please take a few mins to read through this post to familiarise yourselves as failure to adhere to these rules may mean you being asked to leave the site

Thanks in advance

Dave Bromley

G.M.B.G

Giants Seat Rules

*Please pay Subs when you arrive, its £5 per night per person. (i'm there for a good time too so dont want to have to chase people please)

*All litter must be removed from site, there is NO site bin so if you brought it with you take it out or burn it please (not whilst others are cooking)

*NO GROUND FIRES –other than areas that I say is ok.

*We can take as much deadwood as we like BUT IT MUST BE DEAD if in doubt leave it alone

*The Flag circle is out of bound (no exceptions)

*Sharps and alcohol dont mix so no drunken sillyness (by all means have a drink just dont overdo it)

*Sharps to be sheathed unless in use

*any Guests or Minors are the responsibility of the relevant Member

*There is ample room if you want to be away from the group by all means do so.

* Toilet blocks are to be left clean! (offering to do these will be of great help as I usually get left to do them)

*All litter must be removed from site, there is NO site bin so if you brought it with you take it out or burn it please (not whilst others are cooking) Yes this is on here twice as several meets myself and others have ended up with a lot of rubbish left on site which we then had to shift…. This is NOT acceptable if you bring it you shift it.

* oh and last but most important ...........................HAVE FUN!!

I know a lot of these wont apply to everyone on here, but better to be safe than sorry

Thanks guys and hope you all have a great time
Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE