22 air gun up for swaps

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angelo

Forager
Jan 26, 2010
Dorset
i have a 22 bsa air rifle which i modified some time ago well i had 2 this one is my bro's which he no longer wants i have at the mo iv check it out it could do with a weaver rail to take the scopes better as the ones on it are 15mm and the scopes mounts are standard 11mm. anyway handy bit of kit as you can take it down to around 2ft.i used mine for a couple of years no probs dropping rabbits at 35-40yards.
looking for some bushy kit as my bro is starting to get into the bushy thing and has just started to get his kit together..so open to offers..:p

Angelo

Forager
Jan 26, 2010
Dorset
tgunbag.jpg
Tgun.jpg
tguncom.jpg

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
Nice mod - interesting approach, but doesn't that break every law in the book on the basis that you could fire the gun as a pistol (without the stock extension) at (presumably) just under 12ft lbs, thus exceeding the maximum limit for an air pistol ?

I was under the impression that takedowns are usually built so that they cannot be fired unless assembled for that very reason.

Angelo

Forager
Jan 26, 2010
Dorset
hi urm i see where your comming from but no laws broken as i said in my post i also had one my self which i swap on here a while back as i bought my self this as you can see from the TDR that aslo can be fired without putting it all together so as its over 12inches long im guessing its classed as a carbine.a few years ago i had my fac lience and one of my toys was a 357 magnum which is a hand gun but to keep with in british law the barriel had to be 12 inches long and have a fixed wire wrist stock making it around 2 ft long..so bottom line is no law broken.. kind regards Angelo
Nice mod - interesting approach, but doesn't that break every law in the book on the basis that you could fire the gun as a pistol (without the stock extension) at (presumably) just under 12ft lbs, thus exceeding the maximum limit for an air pistol ?

I was under the impression that takedowns are usually built so that they cannot be fired unless assembled for that very reason.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Air pistols aren't illegal but they do have a 6 ft/lb limit.
I think the minimum length for a rifle is 600mm which is the 2 foot take-down size you mentioned.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I like that! what sort of stuff you looking for? and up to what value? I have a lot of stuff and can get hold of a lot of stuff!

MattF

Nomad
Dec 16, 2009
Derbyshire
I am sorry but due to the fact that this can be fired without the back of the stock in place it is not legal if above 6ft/lb irrespective of the length of the rest of the rifle it is classed as a pistol when it is not in place thus making it a firearm if above 6ft/lb

Matt

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Despite having a very good working knowledge of UK firearms legislation both past and present, I have yet to see an actual definition of 'air pistol' vs. 'air rifle'. Anyone got one that can actually be cited/referenced? Or is everyone saying 'o noes, tis illegalz!!!!!!1111oneoneone" just guessing?

Angelo, I'll assume you either didn't get my PM or didn't want anything I offered, since you haven't replied.

I am sorry but due to the fact that this can be fired without the back of the stock in place it is not legal if above 6ft/lb irrespective of the length of the rest of the rifle it is classed as a pistol when it is not in place thus making it a firearm if above 6ft/lb

Matt

nope it was made as a Rifle and you cannot change designations its a rifle
even with the stock off its not a pistol its also even split down longer than some air rifles about that dont split etc

for info a over 6ft lbs pistol is a Sect 5 fire arm same as a machine gun not avalible on FAC at all

Angelo

Forager
Jan 26, 2010
Dorset
Hi matt.s
no i didnt get PM and have checked. regards Angelo
Despite having a very good working knowledge of UK firearms legislation both past and present, I have yet to see an actual definition of 'air pistol' vs. 'air rifle'. Anyone got one that can actually be cited/referenced? Or is everyone saying 'o noes, tis illegalz!!!!!!1111oneoneone" just guessing?

Angelo, I'll assume you either didn't get my PM or didn't want anything I offered, since you haven't replied.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE