2014 elk camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Outstanding report, thanks for posting it. I love the images as they take me back to my time in Canada.

Please keep posting your trips.

All the best.

woodsrunner

Forager
May 13, 2013
Montana USA
I'd forgotten about the drawings out west. Here the licenses are over the counter with a 2 deer per day limit (nowhere near as big as western Mule deer or Elk though)
residents..Bull Elk, mule deer buck, white tail either sex, antelope, bear, wolf, mountain lion,...over the counter
cow elk, moose, goat, muley doe, sheep...draw

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
residents..Bull Elk, mule deer buck, white tail either sex, antelope, bear, wolf, mountain lion,...over the counter
cow elk, moose, goat, muley doe, sheep...draw

When I was in Nevada, they were all by draw. And you had to choose just one of the draws (you weren't allowed to participate in more than one) That said, if you weren't drawn then the next year you were entered into an early draw with a near 100% chance of being drawn. Thus most people averaged getting drawn about 2 out of every three tries.

All that said, I envy your OTC system, and bigger deer, and bigger choice of big game; A LOT!

Last edited:

woodsrunner

Forager
May 13, 2013
Montana USA
awesome post, nice find that axe how far away from urban areas are you there? i.e. do you hear aircraft etc?
we are about forty miles from town and its just a small town at that...no, no airplanes...or other such noises...though you sometimes spot a jets trail high over head...thanks for looking and commenting...woods

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE