• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Levers, trust me on this, levers.
I can't lift the 3 x 2' (70+kgs / 11 stones) paving slabs anymore to relevel them, but three brush shafts to act as rollers and pickaxe and a spade and I can shift them :D
Levers? Do you mean bending down and picking up something to be used as lever? Please let me know how you do that without either squatting down (bad knees) or bending down (bad back)? Really looking forward to that reply :)

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Tools/mechanics that I couldn't do without working in the wood in my middle age (well, that's what they call it now when you're in your sixties isn't it? :)):

1 - the wheel and everything that runs on them
2 - the inclined plane
3 - the pulley
4 - the lever and associated tools such as a big crowbar
4 - my hi-lift jack
5 - my petrol capstan winch
6 - the electric chainsaw that stops me damaging the tendon in my elbow every time I start the petrol one

However, I agree with Sundowner, these days I have to think about how I load the gear into the ATV and carry it to the work site :(

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Levers? Do you mean bending down and picking up something to be used as lever? Please let me know how you do that without either squatting down (bad knees) or bending down (bad back)? Really looking forward to that reply :)

Long stick ....I use brush shafts and they don't need me to bend down to pick them up. They stack agin the wall in the wee shed beside the garden hoes.

Right now I'm fine, but I thole R.A. and I have both damaged tendons in ankles and knees and damaged discs in my lower back. I'm old enough now to be chary of doing any more damage.
Levers are very good things :D

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
A healthy wife/husband is very good too.

Due to my lower back, I have not been able to bend much for years. And due to bad knees, I can not bend or twist them much.

Guess who cuts my toe nails? :)

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Stew and Robbi are close but the winner will need to put something to the wheel and be more specific.
Clue repeated with the cruciverbalists in mind:
Ought to hesitate now cat's out. (8,3)

After Tengu's dig, Nice65 very generously PMed me offering to contribute to the prize but I didn't accept his kind offer. I hope he doesn't think I'm giving him the cold one. (Yes, this is a hint)

Reactions: Nice65

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
:D

The fun of getting there is sufficient for me - please pass it to Broch! I have too much kit as it is and am trying to reduce the amount. I shouldn't have played but it was too tempting / frustrating! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE