• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's a scary thought in a way, isn't it ? this getting older business. Physically when we look in a mirror, or the expression on other folks faces :rolleyes: we can see that we're getting older, but honestly we don't feel any different. We're still just us, iimmc ?
Age is just a number, if you don't mind, it don't matter :)

Here's to the next 15/ 2000 :D

M

Reactions: santaman2000

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
I have taken it as a game, I invent ways to go around the limitations imposed by age. So far the only thing I have not been able to conquer is lifting weights, one can always use machinery but that is different. That probably'll remain unsolved.
:confused2:

Reactions: Robson Valley

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Levers, trust me on this, levers.
I can't lift the 3 x 2' (70+kgs / 11 stones) paving slabs anymore to relevel them, but three brush shafts to act as rollers and pickaxe and a spade and I can shift them :D

Reactions: SCOMAN

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
This is where younger fitter people come in handy. I can't lift the 20kg bags of coal I get delivered so my neighbours lad will come and shift them for me.
This week he has put up a hanging basket bracket by the front door and put two bolts on front and two on back door +moved 4 bags of coal to a handier location bless him.
Cost a four pack of larger. All done inside half an hour. Would have taken me many hours!

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Gosh wish I was still 40! I was having fun caving climbing abseiling coastal path walking and camping with no problems whatsoever I was so fit and realy believed I'd still be fit at 70.
22 yrs later I'm a wreck. 22 yrs seems like a long time but I've been sinking for at least 15 of those years! Slowly at first but one day you realise you are struggling a bit with something that you once did without any thought.
Realy frustrating!

Reactions: Mr Wolf and Robbi

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Just realised this will be my 2000th post. It's taken me nearly 15 years. I think I've grown into my nom de guerre but I don't feel any older: just still old.

Tradition is for a compo on the big post counts, generally folk offer up a gift, a knife, carved spoon, daughter or similar. ;)

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Then it has to be a knife :) - anything is possible with a knife.

Actually, I think oldtimer should set the competition and Nice65 should trump up the prize as he insisted it should be done! :)

Reactions: Robbi

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE