2 Yew Staves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Cut in 2007 these are English Yew staves. The larger one is about 7 feet long and the smaller 6.5 feet.

The larger stave will make a fine bow as it's a half round piece and there is plenty of meat on it. It is nice and straight for Yew!

The smaller stave has some twist and is narrow and is cut down the length at a steep angle. I have been looking at this stave and think it will make a lower weight bow of around 40-50 lbs? I was worried that the steepness of cut would interfere with the width but until the bow is roughed out I can't say for certain?

I have no idea what to charge for these? The larger stave is nice but the smaller is a wild card so would be cheaper? Shipping is about £15.

Edit: Just found another shorty Yew stave...sold

Steve

Last edited:

danny358

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2011
bolton
are the bottom pics of the short stave. how wide is it and how much would you want for it?i have quite abit of yew seasoning but most of mine has lots of character with bumps and lumps. is the length 57" i cant quite make it out on my phone?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE