2 season bag £20-30

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
Hi

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and accept that my artic bag is too big for my pack so the hunt is on for a replacement.

Any bags decent at that price point?

Compresses small and envelope shape would be a bonus.

Buster

Rabid

Nomad
Dec 15, 2014
Sleaford Lincolnshire
Lidls selling sleeping bags this week for 12.99 dont know how good they are but might be worth a look. The have left and right handedzips so you can zip them together to make a double.

Scrofula

Mar 2, 2009
Norwich
I use a Snugpak jungle bag for 2 season use. It packs up really small and the built in bug mesh comes in useful when the midges are around.

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
Hi all
Budget got real tight so opted for a army jungle bag off eBay,I have a merino wool blanket that could give it a temperture boost......once I figure how to strap it to my pack!

Also picked up a roll neck merino wool jumper from m&s today for £6 down from 45 which might help with the cold.

Going to start saving for a decent bag, a 3 season snugpak based on the positive reviews the brand gets,I have my artic bag when it's really cold.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Buster

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
Hope it will do you for a while, but Snugpak's long had a reputation for being not quite as warm as they say (which I can confirm). Mountain Hardware does have a good reputation, and they do the Lamina 20 (comfort of minus 5) for £135 from Cotswolds, although a little cheaper if you shop around, get a deal, etc (Blacks has one for £99 http://www.blacks.co.uk/equipment/125016-mountain-hardwear-lamina-20-sleeping-bag-left-hand-zip.html ) . It weighs 1400kg, and apparently packs down relatively small for a synthetic bag. The Snugpak Harrier 10 weighs 1750g and is supposedly comfortable at minus 7 (but based on past experience....!). It costs about £125.

When it comes to bags, the old saying that 'you can have it cheap, have it light or have it durable - chose any two' really is right. I suspect the Mountain Hardware bag is the best your going to get in weight/warmth terms for the money.

kaizersoza

Trekking Troubador
Jan 12, 2014
Swansea
I use the snugpak jungle bag, this also can be fully opened up into a big blanket, the bug net is a great accessory as well, quite versatile really

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE