2 Night Monthly Suffolk Bushcraft Group Meeting September 6th and 7th 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich

All Welcome, Newbies, all levels of experience, Tree and Ground Dwellers.

A 10 Acre mixed Woodland that is very quiet and secluded, and lends itself to wild camping, both in Hammocks and Tents/Tarps, just outside of the village of Stansfield,

Regulars that have been to the Site before - 12:00 onwards - report at Office before going to the woods, No arivals after 9:30pm please.....

New commers to Site - Meet at Compasses Pub, Stansfield, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 8LN. By Arrangement, normally finishing about midday on the Last day. Please be on time as the Woodland is hard to find, For those that can not make it to that meet and would like to come please PM me and I will arrange another time, (Please be be aware that due to the location of the parking/site being next to House's the Very Late 9:30pm arrival will not be available as we like to keep traffic to a minimum,)

Cost
The Camp Site charge is £10 per person for the weekend, fees for the site to be paid to me (Big Stu) as you arrive, this will have to be in cash.

Under 10's there is no charge.

Under 18s
Are welcome to attend, they are the responsibility of the Parent/Guardian that they came to the meet with, also please keep children under control.

Behavior
Our meets, are good natured and light hearted, with safety in mind, we aim to carry this on with self regulation, if it does not then the offending person will be asked to leave immediately.

Facilities
This is a very wild site...The nearest Toilets, Shower are back at a Farm Yard about 1km away, the nearest Tap is about a 600m from the Woodland.

Personal Hygiene - there is NO toilets in the woodland, apart from the ones at the Farm, please bring your Hygiene kits (loo roll ect), there is a Group Latrine that is to be used in all cases, it is a requirement of the Landowner.

The Communal Area has a number of seat/ small tables, a rustic bushy Table seat next to a clay oven to make food prep a bit easier then doing it on your lap, during meets a Tarp will be put up over the fire area, The fire pit has a concrete base, with a Tripod and Extension with a griddle over the fire for everyone's use.

There is also a Shave horse for use as well that was made as a group project.

There is a lean to one man natural shelter that can be used, in a secluded area, if you would like to use it for a night, that would be on a first come, first serve basis, it may need re-roofing prior to use.

Housekeeping
There is no Facility to leave rubbish on site or at the farm, please bring a Rubbish Bag for your waste and take it home; we have had occasions were other peoples pitches have been cleaned up by others, You Carry In – You Carry Out.

Fire Places and Fire scar’s to be kept to a minimum, this will depend on activities, if you make a Fire Scar for any reason, other than communal one, then it is your responsibility to clean it up, The Main communal Fire is Everyone’s responsibility to clean up after.

Vehicles and Access and Parking to site
Due to the amount of cars and access being required by the landowner, cars can go to the woodland to drop off and pick up kit, then back to parking area for the duration of the stay, the Car Parking for the woodland will be about 800m away from the woodland in a Working Farm Yard, please do not block Gates and Barn doorways.

If the ground is too wet then, most of the gear will have to walked in, I can arrange for help for people that cannot walk that far due to a health reason, I need to know this in advance. At the last meet the ground was a bit Tacky over the field, we will post a notice at the parking area to say weather cars can venture down to the Woods due to Mud please look out for this and respect it.

Group Meal,
This is still open for anyone to do...

(The Group meals are supplied but the person making them, then the cost is divided between the participants, please remember Cash is required).

In case of Unforeseen events that may cause there to be no group meal, please allow in your catering for that emergency meal.

Air Guns
From this meeting as a Bonus for the Regular Attendees to Monthly Meets will be able to use Air Guns (Non FAC - under 12flb only) for Target use only in a designated area, they will be subject to Chronograph before use by the Range Control Officer, (this will be Carl), and any decision on the use of Air Guns and Range that he makes will be final, and has the right to refuse the use of the gun or any person using a gun.

IF YOU ARE NOT A REGULAR ATTENDEE TO THE MONTHLY MEET PLEASE DO NOT ASK IF YOU CAN SHOOT... IT IS ONLY FOR THE REGULARS.

Please inform myself or Carl (mitch66) if you intend on bringing an Air Gun prior to arrival.

Any person not adhering to these conditions will be asked to stop the activity.

Other Info
We are still on probation at this site, so please keep to the simple rules and treat it with respect.

I will be taking the normal, Griddle, and tripod, Coleman Lamp, also a couple of Tarps, for a group shelter,

Wood can be gathered from around the site, Dead Wood only to be used.

Of course Micky being taken is compulsory....

I know people Like taking Photo's and sharing experiences, and some do not like the Photo's on the Internet, so Please bear this in mind when posting after the event,

Slippers are welcome.....

Also don't forget, people do bring swaps and items for sale, so a meet can be a great place to get some kit.. reason to bring a little bit of cash with you.

All Attendee's, attend and take part in any activities at their own risk....by attending you agree to this term.

First Aid
There are no First Aid facilities on site, so you will need to bring your own suitable First Aid kit, not just some plasters.

The nearest A & E is 20 minutes drive at;

West Suffolk Hospital
Hardwick Lane
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk IP33 2QZ,
Switchboard: 01284 713000

If you plan to attend, then Paste and Copy the Attendance List and place name on bottom of list, I will add to the Main Post.

List of Attending
1. Big Stu - Early Eve - Friday
2. mikesmith777 - Friday PM
3. mitch 66 - 13:00 Friday
4. SJStuart - 13:00 Friday
6. tagnut69 - 13:00 Friday
7. Damascus - Early Eve - Friday
8. Norfolk John - Early Eve - Friday with Damascus
9. Jjessup - 13:00 Friday
10. Crow- Early Eve - Friday with Damascus

Visiting
Kimboko - Saturday

Other Dates
September 20th and 21st 2013 - TBC- Daniel Boone Challenge -See http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110217
Friday 4th and Saturday 5th October-TBC - Monthly Meet
Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd November-TBC - Monthly Meet
Friday 6th and Saturday 7th December-TBC - Monthly Meet - Christmas Meal !!!!!!o

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hopefully this time next week I'll be packed and ready to go for the monthly meet, not sure how I am going to do this one, with the lead up to the Boone Challenge in three weeks time.. think this may be another Boone weekend to finalise my kit, but of course with a couple of toys to play with.. :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Just packed my gear for next weekend, but it might find its way in to the boot as we have been summonsed to appear at my parents as my aunt is over from Oz, and handily there is nearly 100 acres 2 fields away:) that I havent camped in since I lived at home

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I am not going to be able to make the 13:00 hrs meet now due to work , and will be arriving at about 18:00hrs....

Can New Arrivals to the Site, can you please post your ETA in your reply..

Thats only if you have not been to the woodlands before as there is 13:00 meeting time..

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I might actually make it to the pub this time, as I'll be being dropped off again, and this time we're setting out soon as we drop the kids off at school.

KIMBOKO

Nomad
Nov 26, 2003
Suffolk
I am working this weekend but I can come out on saturday morning. Would anyone be interested if I brought my pole lathe? It has sat in my shed for years without use and I would be happy to leave at the site for people to have a go. It is only made of soft wood so won't last too long outside but I think it would be better to get some use than sit in my shed and get woodworm. I haven't got any lathe chisels, I have given those to my brother. So if there is interest someone would have to bring some. I seem to remember I used to use a wide flat chisel, a wide gouge, a narrow gouge and a skew chisel. I can't think what else.

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex

All Welcome, Newbies, all levels of experience, Tree and Ground Dwellers.

A 10 Acre mixed Woodland that is very quiet and secluded, and lends itself to wild camping, both in Hammocks and Tents/Tarps, just outside of the village of Stansfield,

Regulars that have been to the Site before - 12:00 onwards - report at Office before going to the woods, No arivals after 9:30pm please.....

New commers to Site - Meet at Compasses Pub, Stansfield, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 8LN. By Arrangement, normally finishing about midday on the Last day. Please be on time as the Woodland is hard to find, For those that can not make it to that meet and would like to come please PM me and I will arrange another time, (Please be be aware that due to the location of the parking/site being next to House's the Very Late 9:30pm arrival will not be available as we like to keep traffic to a minimum,)

Cost
The Camp Site charge is £10 per person for the weekend, fees for the site to be paid to me (Big Stu) as you arrive, this will have to be in cash.

Under 10's there is no charge.

Under 18s
Are welcome to attend, they are the responsibility of the Parent/Guardian that they came to the meet with, also please keep children under control.

Behavior
Our meets, are good natured and light hearted, with safety in mind, we aim to carry this on with self regulation, if it does not then the offending person will be asked to leave immediately.

Facilities
This is a very wild site...The nearest Toilets, Shower are back at a Farm Yard about 1km away, the nearest Tap is about a 600m from the Woodland.

Personal Hygiene - there is NO toilets in the woodland, apart from the ones at the Farm, please bring your Hygiene kits (loo roll ect), there is a Group Latrine that is to be used in all cases, it is a requirement of the Landowner.

The Communal Area has a number of seat/ small tables, a rustic bushy Table seat next to a clay oven to make food prep a bit easier then doing it on your lap, during meets a Tarp will be put up over the fire area, The fire pit has a concrete base, with a Tripod and Extension with a griddle over the fire for everyone's use.

There is also a Shave horse for use as well that was made as a group project.

There is a lean to one man natural shelter that can be used, in a secluded area, if you would like to use it for a night, that would be on a first come, first serve basis, it may need re-roofing prior to use.

Housekeeping
There is no Facility to leave rubbish on site or at the farm, please bring a Rubbish Bag for your waste and take it home; we have had occasions were other peoples pitches have been cleaned up by others, You Carry In – You Carry Out.

Fire Places and Fire scar’s to be kept to a minimum, this will depend on activities, if you make a Fire Scar for any reason, other than communal one, then it is your responsibility to clean it up, The Main communal Fire is Everyone’s responsibility to clean up after.

Vehicles and Access and Parking to site
Due to the amount of cars and access being required by the landowner, cars can go to the woodland to drop off and pick up kit, then back to parking area for the duration of the stay, the Car Parking for the woodland will be about 800m away from the woodland in a Working Farm Yard, please do not block Gates and Barn doorways.

If the ground is too wet then, most of the gear will have to walked in, I can arrange for help for people that cannot walk that far due to a health reason, I need to know this in advance. At the last meet the ground was a bit Tacky over the field, we will post a notice at the parking area to say weather cars can venture down to the Woods due to Mud please look out for this and respect it.

Group Meal,
This is still open for anyone to do...

(The Group meals are supplied but the person making them, then the cost is divided between the participants, please remember Cash is required).

In case of Unforeseen events that may cause there to be no group meal, please allow in your catering for that emergency meal.

Air Guns
From this meeting as a Bonus for the Regular Attendees to Monthly Meets will be able to use Air Guns (Non FAC - under 12flb only) for Target use only in a designated area, they will be subject to Chronograph before use by the Range Control Officer, (this will be Carl), and any decision on the use of Air Guns and Range that he makes will be final, and has the right to refuse the use of the gun or any person using a gun.

IF YOU ARE NOT A REGULAR ATTENDEE TO THE MONTHLY MEET PLEASE DO NOT ASK IF YOU CAN SHOOT... IT IS ONLY FOR THE REGULARS.

Please inform myself or Carl (mitch66) if you intend on bringing an Air Gun prior to arrival.

Any person not adhering to these conditions will be asked to stop the activity.

Other Info
We are still on probation at this site, so please keep to the simple rules and treat it with respect.

I will be taking the normal, Griddle, and tripod, Coleman Lamp, also a couple of Tarps, for a group shelter,

Wood can be gathered from around the site, Dead Wood only to be used.

Of course Micky being taken is compulsory....

I know people Like taking Photo's and sharing experiences, and some do not like the Photo's on the Internet, so Please bear this in mind when posting after the event,

Slippers are welcome.....

Also don't forget, people do bring swaps and items for sale, so a meet can be a great place to get some kit.. reason to bring a little bit of cash with you.

All Attendee's, attend and take part in any activities at their own risk....by attending you agree to this term.

First Aid
There are no First Aid facilities on site, so you will need to bring your own suitable First Aid kit, not just some plasters.

The nearest A & E is 20 minutes drive at;

West Suffolk Hospital
Hardwick Lane
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk IP33 2QZ,
Switchboard: 01284 713000

If you plan to attend, then Paste and Copy the Attendance List and place name on bottom of list, I will add to the Main Post.

List of Attending
1. Big Stu
2. mikesmith777
3. mitch 66 (carl)
4. SJStuart (Simon)
6. tagnut69 (me)
7. Damascus
8. Norfolk John
9. Jjessup

Other Dates
September 20th and 21st 2013 - TBC- Daniel Boone Challenge -See http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=110217
Friday 4th and Saturday 5th October-TBC - Monthly Meet
Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd November-TBC - Monthly Meet
Friday 6th and Saturday 7th December-TBC - Monthly Meet - Christmas Meal !!!!!!

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
Are people eating at the pub, or just there for the beer? Should be able to get there nice and early this time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE