2 man tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
I can recommend the Vango Banshee 200, used on some wet trips and it kept me nice and dry. Plenty of space inside for you and your gear and a nice little porch area for your boots. Its pretty sturdy in construction, packs down quite small (about the size of a loaf of bread!), weighs approx 2kg, and with only two poles is really east to pitch. I got mine for £80 from a popular retailer that likes to go outdoors!

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Can't beat the old Polish Army 2-poncho tents. Weigh nearly 4kgs. but they're just about everything-proof. Go up in 5 minutes, and they come in a nice, unnoticeable shade of olive brown.

Is that 4kg dry, ? If so they must be very big at a canvas weight of 200gsm, thats 20sq metres, although I suppose the pole takes up a bit of that 4kg

kaizersoza

Trekking Troubador
Jan 12, 2014
Swansea
for a cheap one I would go for a Vango Banshee 2 man tent, it has always served me well in some really bad conditions, I bought a Terra Nova solar 2.2 from one of the guys on this site around March last year and it is the dogs, tons of space in the 2 vestibules and a lovely sleeping compartment, I would say the sleeping compartment is a bit tight for 2 people but if its just you and the dog these types of tent are excellent, unfortuneately I don't think that they make this tent anymore, but there are other tents out there that are very similar, hope this helps

May 12, 2014
West Yorkshire
I can definately recommend the Sil Hex Peak, one man tent but half of it is your porch giving you plenty of room to cook in whilst keeping out of the elements, had it in 90mph winds a couple of weeks ago during storm Desmond and it didn't budge. It weighs 1.4kg so very light for backpacking.

http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/shelters-1/WF129.html

Would also agree with others recommendations of the Terra nova gear, I have been looking at the Zephyros 1 as a second tent or if you want that bit more space the Zephyros 2 both have good reviews, plenty of info on both if you search YouTube.

ATB in your search, its a minefield out there but you will find lots of good advice from these guys.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
You won't be disappointed with the zephyros. A couple of my friends have the banshee, it is a very nice tent for the money I think the zephy wins on weight and pack size.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE