2 films on at the cinema

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

simon67

Jan 3, 2009
isle of wight
Just a heads up really, I have no Idea how good they'll be but maybe worth a look .

Cut and pasted from a cinema site:

The way back:

Based on a true story, this centres on seven prisoners confined in the most terrible of prisons - a Siberian gulag. A daring escape leads to a race against their relentless pursuers, as the escapees deal with sub-zero temperatures, sandstorms and eventually a trek over the Himalayas. It's either make it to India or die trying. With Jim Sturgess, Colin Farrell and Ed Harris leading the cast, this boasts some big-hitters giving big performances, ably supported by the sensational Saoirse Ronan as a young woman who crosses their path and proves more valuable than expected.

and..127 hours which is released on 7th January.

Director Danny Boyle follows up the success of Slumdog Millionaire with a very different tale, although it's just as stunning. It's a film about human courage, based on the gruelling true story of Aron Ralston (James Franco). Aron is a lone mountain climber whose hand becomes trapped under a boulder in the blazing sun of the beautiful but remote Utah desert. Over the course of six hellish days, while he tries to free himself, the climber looks back on the events that brought him there and the people in his life. As time runs out for him, Aron must face the ultimate test of courage if he is to survive. Boyle delivers yet another brilliant movie, and actor James Franco is simply excellent as Aron.

Firelite

Forager
Feb 25, 2010
bedfordshire
I saw the trailer for The Way back when I was at the cinema with the kids a couple of weeks ago. I recognised it straight away as very similar to a book my partner lent me in the summer, which was supposed to be true, it was called The Long Walk. I will definitely be seeing it.

slammer187

Nomad
Jul 11, 2009
Ireland
I've seen The Way Back and it is a brilliant film, there's also lots of interesting little Bushcrafty bits in it like using birch bark to start fires etc...

whitey3192

Forager
Oct 23, 2010
North yorkshire
that 127 hours looks good i saw it advertised at cinema last night. a true story which ends up with the guy cutting his arm off with a blunt pen knife!!
also the way back looks alright with a decent cast.

i will be seeing both!

John Lee

Tenderfoot
Mar 3, 2010
Deer Park, WA, USA
that 127 hours looks good i saw it advertised at cinema last night. a true story which ends up with the guy cutting his arm off with a blunt pen knife!!
also the way back looks alright with a decent cast.

i will be seeing both!

"blunt pen knife"? Another reason for carrying a SAK with the saw blade or a good multi-tool. The guy who did it has been on a number of talk shows and has an incredible positive attitude. I don't think I could do it myself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE