1st attempt with an axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
It was such a shame as you'd done a lovely job on those oak handles. My apple one is holding up well, you'll be pleased to know!

Kepis, if you aren't a talented spoon carver I'd like to see what you consider one to be!

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
there are some seriously talented spoon carvers out here who use nothing more than a Mora, the skill lays with the person, not the tools, although using good tools does make the job a whole lot easier, and yes, i use Moras all the time as well as my Orfords, but i don't count myself as a seriously talented spoon carver

Me neither and yes I still have a Mora too and use it now and then but I definitely prefer the others.
I would also hazard a guess that the seriously talented spoon carvers have reprofiled and modded their Moras
almost beyond recognition.I have seen many modded Mora spoonies on this forum and I'm not being snobby about
it at all.I just think that the small difference in price is more than justified by the improvement in performance and
the easier operation offered by what is clearly a superior tool.
My Mora is reprofiled a bit and polished alot and works well.Just not as well as the Nic Westermann blades.
I count myself a beginner at spoon carving so I really appreciate the quality of the better tools.Some useful reduction in blood loss too.
Cheers , Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE