1st and hopefully not last leather sheath (:

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ibeef

Forager
Jun 3, 2013
Swadlincote
Hi Guys,

Over this weekend I had a crack at making a leather sheath for my neck knife. I ordered some saddler's needles, thread, beeswax, dye and 3.5mm veg tan leather online last week, starting to work at it this weekend. I ground a few electrical screw drivers down at work to use as awls, luckily I also have access to a pillar drill at work.

Anyway I read a few helpful threads on here and watched a few videos on the internet. The finished product isn't perfect, however, I think with a few more tools and a bit more practice I could improve. Maybe even one day produce something half as good as what some of the awesome sheath makers on here make.

Anyway here is my 1st sheath, let me know what you all think :)

IMG_0085_zps45cf5645.jpg

IMG_0086_zpsf19d8e9c.jpg

IMG_0087_zps258ce05d.jpg

IMG_0088_zps0f847b1b.jpg

IMG_0089_zpsf3fa32f0.jpg

photo_zps244cb228.jpg

(A quick note on this photo, I house share as I can't afford my own place and the decoration you see behind me was already in my room and my land lord doesn't want to get rid of it. Not my 1st choice in décor I must admit, but my rent is nice and low :p)

I have some spare leather so next time I have chance I think I'm going to try and make a sheath for my UKPK.

Thanks for taking time to look :)

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Good job mate, nice knife too! Had a chance to play with the new pair yet?

(Even if the chica's don't dig the Winnie the pooh walls, us man bears do! ;) )

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Nothing wrong with that,a good useable sheath and great style.goodjob

Winnie the pooh and friends look great too!!;)

ibeef

Forager
Jun 3, 2013
Swadlincote
Thank you for all the kind words.

I'm also curious about kydex as well, wouldn't mind messing about with both. Just the cost of the basic tools to get set up ): When I get payed I think I'm going to invest in a awl and stitch marker to make life easier, sure will beat using a fork and ruining my hand on a thin makeshift awl/screwdriver lol.

I was always a fan of tigger myself, certainly lightens the room up if anything :p

@Samon - I'm sorry you've lost me, pair?

ibeef

Forager
Jun 3, 2013
Swadlincote
The knife and new sheath..

Have you had a chance to use them both yet?

Ohhhhhh, sorry, I thought I'd bought something off of you and completely forgot about it. No is the answer I'm afraid, in truth I only finished the sheath tonight.

I plan to test it soon though, the knife is actually new so I'm dying to put it through its paces! I love the Becker knives!!! :)

Viktor

Tenderfoot
Dec 27, 2011
Sweden
Looks great for a first go on leather work, beats my first by miles.
For next time try to get cleaner cut edges and add a welt to the seam and it will be really good.

Also just have to say I would never carry or recommend anyone to carry a knife in that fashion. I would even call it bad knife safety, to high risk of losing knife and/or hurt yourself in my eyes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE