1st aid training for free?!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

taws6

Nomad
Jul 27, 2007
Anglia
Hi,

I looked into getting some 1st aid training a while ago, but only found a few corses, and they were not cheap, so passed them up, even though I was on good money.

I've recently been made redundant, and 'think' that my redundancy and resulting unemployment, entitleing me to JSA ( Job Seeker Allowance ), mean I'm now on a 'means tested benefit'.
Well, from what I can tell, I can now sign up to lots of college courses (1st aid included), and because I'm on a 'means tested benefit', I do not have to pay.....woooohoot!!

So while I was earning money, the courses were too expensive, now I'm unemployed they're free!! lol

I won't garantee that's so, but from where I'm sitting now this seems to be the case, and seems like a massive oppertunity for me to get some extra training, and get the 1st aid traing I want, for free!!

Thought I should let you know, so others may be able to grasp this oppertunity.
If you know any more about this let me know, and if you're interested get on this, as the courses start in June.

Hope this helps some,
Paul,
Happily unemployed, and enjoying my free time lol.........

taws6

Nomad
Jul 27, 2007
Anglia
Quote "from what I can tell, I can now sign up to lots of (free) college courses (1st aid included)".

Ahh, and there lies the pit fall.
The 1st aid is not a college course (despite being in the 'College course' book!), but it is a 'services for buisness' course (ie no funding available).
So what I was always taught, "If something seems too good to be true, it generally is" still stands true! lol
Not getting down though, as there are a few others I can go on, it's just I was looking forward to the 1st aid course (started tomorrow).

Thought I should let youz know.

rosie

Jan 1, 2012
somerset
Hi all having read the above ,thought i might point out that all first aid training is free when you volunteer with the british red cross in exchange for a few hours amonth duty at public events ,so some things are as good as they seem although i do have a vested intrest as a member of fourteen years :)

i to am under the cloud of ub40 for the first time and i am also finding out new things did you know as well as your free discounted collage courses you can also ask you personal adviser to pay for other courses , i have asked to do a management course the cost is well over £800 and could never afford it when i was working, now he is going to try to organise the course for me!

result

i would try for every course going as they are free and free never lasts

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE