18" Square of heavy duty white cotton.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hi,
I recently got myself one of those very popular Swedish Snow smocks, very nice it is too, (thanks Corso.)

Anyway having had a look at it I plan on dying it but before I do I would like to add and pouch pocket on the front. Now I know if I add another piece of any old bedsheet type material that's just be a recipe for disaster. So does anyone amongst this fine and helpful community have any sail type heavy duty cotton kicking about that they're willing to sell or trade to me?

Not looking for ventile or something expensive, just bog standard stuff. I don't want to cut off the hip pockets to use that material. Hopefully you're familier with the type of material I'm talking about.

I had considered buying some old denims jeans from a charity shop and hoping they take the dye as well as the white. Would look plain silly having a different coloured pocket on the front. Wouldn't go at all well with the pink hood and orange sleeves. :cool:

Thanks in advance folks.

Moi

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I've got some canvas from an old frame tent.

Only problem is it's a dove grey so I'm not sure how it would dye up to match the smock

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I could cut the back out of an old pair of underpants but they are now more of an off-white colour.

Last edited:

Biker

Thanks for all the suggestion folks.

Ged Alison doesn't sew, so finding something like that would be even harder than you can imagine. She does cross stitch and knitting though.

Ummm I'll pass on the back of the underpants Imagedude, even if they were the right colour! :lmao: Simply knowing there they'd been in a previous life would put me right off wearing the coat.

Thanks for replying Tengu.

Mesquite, me old mucker, buddy chum pal. I've had a brilliant idea. I could put the pocket inside the coat and just use a strip across the chest to cover the slit that will house the zip/buttons whatever. So could I take you up on that offer of the dove grey canvas you have, pretty please?

I'll drop you a PM right now.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Mesquite, me old mucker, buddy chum pal. I've had a brilliant idea. I could put the pocket inside the coat and just use a strip across the chest to cover the slit that will house the zip/buttons whatever. So could I take you up on that offer of the dove grey canvas you have, pretty please?

I'll drop you a PM right now.

PM recieved and replied to :)

I'll go dig some out this evening, I think I've got some that's already sewn into a bag so that'll make it easier for you :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE