14 year old lad lost in the bush

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

seamonkey

Forager
Sep 11, 2004
Scotland - Angus

lionheart

Mar 27, 2007
bedfordshire
yes but not all uk kids are scared and afraid of the woods, me and my friends are 14 and as soon as we get the chance we crash in the wood under debris shelters, we build fires and cook for ourselves,

soz to moan but hate the stereotype,
Tom

seamonkey

Forager
Sep 11, 2004
Scotland - Angus
Hi Tom
Moan away that's what forums are for:) . - Good to see that teenagers like yourselves can see there is something interesting as a hobby which doesn't require AA batteries.
I think what i should have said really is how many people not just 14 year olds would have reacted as well as this kid to being lost in some brutal bush.

cheers

Graham

Apr 14, 2006
Jurassic Coast
lionheart said:
yes but not all uk kids are scared and afraid of the woods, me and my friends are 14 and as soon as we get the chance we crash in the wood under debris shelters, we build fires and cook for ourselves,

soz to moan but hate the stereotype,
Tom

Good on ya ;)

BushFire

May 30, 2007
Cambridgeshire UK
nice story, thaks for sharing!

If only our UK kids could learn more about the woods. They would be to scared and would'nt want to get their hands dirty. :rolleyes:

Huh im a UK kid and have been following bushcraft for some time i think people should have a bit of trust in the next generation of bushcraft.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I don't think age comes into it. I know plenty of adults that wouldn't have a bloody clue! Younger people would probably fare better as they wouldn't focus on the doom and gloom and see it more as an adventure. Also, kids are more resilient. Who hasn't seen a kid fall over, graze their knees, cry for a few minutes and then go back and play as if nothing has hppened? Hard as nails!

I know that the spate in hoodies and ASBO kids doesn't give us much hope forthe younger generation, but such sweeping generalisatins are wrong. There are young people out there that are genuinely excited about the outdoors. Good on them!

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Huh im a UK kid and have been following bushcraft for some time i think people should have a bit of trust in the next generation of bushcraft.

We DO have faith in the next generation of bushcrafters. The better of our youth are getting even more so, exams are NOT getting easier. Environmental projects are being championed by them, society is benefitting from them and I see some real hope for part of our future because of them.

Sadly there is the other end of the spectrum who, because of their volume and fondness for lounging in very public places give the others a bad name. It's nice to see the more self reliant, mature and admirable MINORITY (and they are, let's be honest) type making it to the press for a change.

Lets just ignore the mindless masses in the middle for now....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE