100L rucksacks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 13, 2004
Czech Republic
Don't forget different people have different lifestyles, and maybe supalite gear is not so important to everyone, it's understandable why it is used on expeditions but sometimes i like to take it easy and not worry about whether i've scratched my ultrafine nylon material whatever. Even if it is tough stuff it may still leave me with the idea that i have to pamper it to stop it falling apart. Obviously it's worthwhile not being nonsensically ignorant about new technology of one sort or another, and it is even enjoyable sometimes to be satisfied in knowing you have high performance gear, but it's not the be all and end all for everyone. (here is where you can take note of the fact that this is perhaps hypocritical as i am as obsessed about gear as anyone else :D).

I am not someone who frequently walks long distances in purposefully short times, i like to go at my own pace if you will, so you can see where i am coming from.

Going on a long expedition in extreme conditions is no more bushcraft than exploring the woods near your back garden, and you still may want a winter outfit to do that.

It has to be said, though, that i often think in terms of aesthetics when buying stuff, it's silly in some ways but hey it matters to me, i wanted a green rucksack, and there one was, it i unobtrusive in colour and doesn't glare at you in the corner of your eye. I did't know whether all good makes of rucksack have green versions (i knew about the karrimor, and i like the make, but i was a bit slow to look for one before they disbanded).

You make a very good point about lightweight gear, but i don't think it applies to everyone. You are perfectly right though, i have not owned an american rucksack.

Jan 31, 2006
UK
Well thanks again everyone for the helpful information.

Thanks especially to Bushtuckerman and KevB for the details that you have given me about the Vulcan. It is a problem when the local shops don't sell a decent range of large rucksacks and as we all seem to be agreed it is best to try them before buying them. I was really trying to find out if it was worth me travelling to try a Vulcan.

Also, I second going for a less garish rucksack.

Cathy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE