10 years+, really?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I can't believe the waiting list for an AW Woodlore knife is over ten years (£450!). I'm sure it's a fine enough knife but there must be many other knives out there that are just as good/better. It's not as if there's anything secret in the design, it's some quality, properly treated/ground steel stuck in a bit of nicely finished wood - must be a huge amount of hype...

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
More of a collectors item than a user at that price for me, I'd be bothered about scratching the damn thing if I owned one.

I've looked at Martins collection a few times and thought one day I'll have me one of those, as times gone by I think it's a bit too much to spend on something I wouldn't want to use, and that's coming from a certified kit tart :)

I like to see a nice knife collection but it's not my cup of tea.

This has been discussed a million times on here and the usual outcome is a £10 Mora will do the same job. I'm somewhere in the middle.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Its a very good knife, it has an edge that cuts just like any other knife, its very well made and in high demand, it has been discussed here alot chap just have a looksee through the edge tool forum, nothing wrong with paying what you think its worth,

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
The Giraffe Handled Woodlore is my main user now:

61383973.jpg

Sparrowhawk

Sep 8, 2010
Huddersfield
Did you handle that one yourself Marty, or was it Giraffed when you bought it?

I have one, bought in 2000. I love it (more than a man should love a thing) and it fits my hand better than any other knife I've ever owned.
It's the same old argument. Why buy a Patek Philippe when a £19.99 Timex will tell time just as well? Why buy a Picasso for 20 million when a print of the same picture costs 50 squid? The answer for me is always: Because it's a Picasso! Because it's a Patek Philippe!
That knife is worth every penny and more. Each is unique, hand made, special. The maker did something to my knife that he didn't do to yours. And that gives me more joy than a factory made knife that's identical to every other. Aren't these the reasons why we buy anything special?

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE