1 man/woman trailer tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The back of my Peugot Boxer (and my Transit before it ) has a removable double bed, fold down table, is fully insulated and carpeted, has fixed storage, under bed storage and even hammock hanging points (for visitors)....yet still functions as a White Van, needs no tow hitch (though it has one) and no awkward towing probs, such as needing 2 parking bays!
I smile in a derisory way on towed bedrooms - Hah!:rolleyes:
It is known as "The Kammo Kamper" as the lining fabric is DPM, but that is another story....:eek:

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Now that has given me an idea :thinkerg: :thinkerg: :thinkerg: :thinkerg: :thinkerg:

Watch this space. :D

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I thought about building one of those but the kitchen put me off.
Imagine trying to use the Kitchen in a strong wind.

MickT

I have somewhere (can't find them just now) some pics I had of an American stove collector who has a Littleguy. He uses a purpose made awning with it, pretty robust by all accounts and he uses it a lot from places like the Mojave desert to the high Rockies; of course he uses proper stoves;) I'll try and find the pictures, one set shows him cooking a Thanksgiving dinner way out in the desert.

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
At Glasto a couple of years ago was a bloke making Gypsy style trailer-tents. He was using Ifor Williams alloy trailers as the base and plastic water pipe bent over, Cowboy covered wagon style. Each end was marine ply, with stable door and the whole affair was covered in heavy canvas.
Inside they had a bed that doubled as a sofa. For heating he'd made a wood burner out of a gas bottle, flat top for cooking on and had a water tank on the chimney for hot water.
At the end of the day you ended up with a usable work trailer or nice camp base.
I've not seen him since, he may be there next month, I'll keep a eye out:D
This was one of the most ingenious camping solutions I've seen.:You_Rock_

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
The back of my Peugot Boxer (and my Transit before it ) has a removable double bed, fold down table, is fully insulated and carpeted, has fixed storage, under bed storage and even hammock hanging points (for visitors)....yet still functions as a White Van, needs no tow hitch (though it has one) and no awkward towing probs, such as needing 2 parking bays!
I smile in a derisory way on towed bedrooms - Hah!:rolleyes:
It is known as "The Kammo Kamper" as the lining fabric is DPM, but that is another story....:eek:

Pictures?:)

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
my partner say's she'll come camping if we have one of them turtles!! it's sweeeeet! aparently!:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE