1&2oz Baccy tins. DEAD THREAD

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
New baccy tins for fire lighting tinder kit, emergency kit, EDC, 1st Aid etc.

1oz are 5 for £3.50
2oz are 5 for £4.00

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1oz-2oz-T...obacciana_Smoking_LE&var=&hash=item3a8e559e26

A great innovation, self seal bottom 400ml tin cans, tamperproof with use once ring pull and reseal plastic lid (Should work with any standard can). £1 each.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-X-SELF-...Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item1c4018f441

In order to do this GB we will need to order in multiples circa:

120x 400ml self seal cans. (by 60)
200x 1oz Baccy tins (by 200)
200x 2oz Baccy tins (by 100)

Free delivery to the Moot or as many as I can get in a deep Royal Mail Small Parcel box for £3.50 if posting or at P&P cost etc. I will obtain a Proof of Posting but it is £1.10 extra for Recorded Delivery if you want it.

BACS or Paypal for payment as long as you cover any chosen fees.

Other small GB items may go P&P free with these. There are Aluminium viles +/- Mg powder and 25g ribbon, Glowrings, Dyneema etc.
See Glowring GB

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
1. Midnitehound (10x 2oz, 10x 1oz, 10x cans with lids)
2. Countryman (5x 2oz, 5x 1oz)

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
2. Countryman (5x 2oz, 5x 1oz, 5x cans)

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
2. Countryman (5x 2oz, 5x 1oz, 5x cans)
3. Quixoticgeek (5x 2oz 5x 1oz tins)

That's 5 of each, not 5 sets of 5 of each :p

J

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
New baccy tins for fire lighting tinder kit, emergency kit, EDC, 1st Aid etc.

1oz are 5 for £3.50
2oz are 5 for £4.00

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1oz-2oz-T...obacciana_Smoking_LE&var=&hash=item3a8e559e26

A great innovation, self seal bottom 400ml tin cans, tamperproof with use once ring pull and reseal plastic lid (Should work with any standard can). £1 each.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-X-SELF-...Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item1c4018f441

In order to do this GB we will need to order in multiples circa:

120x 400ml self seal cans. (by 60)
200x 1oz Baccy tins (by 200)
200x 2oz Baccy tins (by 100)

Free delivery to the Moot or as many as I can get in a deep Royal Mail Small Parcel box for £3.50 if posting or at P&P cost etc. I will obtain a Proof of Posting but it is £1.10 extra for Recorded Delivery if you want it.

BACS or Paypal for payment as long as you cover any chosen fees.

Other small GB items may go P&P free with these. There are Aluminium viles +/- Mg powder and 25g ribbon, Glowrings, Dyneema etc.
See Glowring GB

Im Sorry Midnighthound but you are taking the micky here. The pressitins are patented and sold by only one supplier which is tinware direct which is where i assume you will get your baccy tins from too as the minimum order quantities match theirs.

Here are the links to the products so everyone can see what the stock costs and the PROFIT you are trying to achieve. It makes me sick that people would use a group but to make money out of the community and although i appreciate this is very bad form to post openly i think it needs to be said.

pressitins 71p inc VAT

http://tinwaredirect.com/p/147874/c/8375_13418/Stock-Tins/Pressitin/T0899-400ml.html

1oz baccy tins 44p each inc VAT

http://tinwaredirect.com/p/122363/c/8375_10565/Stock-Tins/Tobacco-Tins/T2106-50ml.html

2oz baccy tins 48p inc vat

http://tinwaredirect.com/p/109662/c/8375_10565/Stock-Tins/Tobacco-Tins/T2107-125ml.html

So all of the above is £196 delivered to you including the plastic lids for the pressitins. At your prices will take £60 on the cans, £140 on the 1oz tins and £80 on the 2oz tins. £280 total making you a handsome profit of £84

NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT EH MATE

YOU ARE SICK PAL AND IF THIS GETS ME BANNED I REALLY DONT CARE

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Just to play devils advocate briefly. I think you are being a bit brutal in your attack. Yes, the costs for the tins may be less than the amount listed above, but you have to factor in: VAT, Delivery, postage. The 3.50 does not actually cover full RM postrate, that is 3.80 (assuming recorded), not to mention the cost of the postage boxes. Not to mention the financial risk the person organising the group buy has to undertake.

On one of my group buys RM put up their postage between the group buy closing, and the manufacturer delivering the goods, meaning that I am making a small loss (about the cost of a pint over the whole order), because the postage changed. That's with 10 people in the buy. With 6-8 times that, it adds up.

While I agree that the principle of the group buy is that you aim to not make a profit, I think that you are being a bit harsh in your attack. I wouldn't be surprised if the profit you mention actually comes from rounding to nice numbers, so it's 3.50 not 3.37...

Julia

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Postage charged by the OP is on top of the costs of the tins Julia. Its blatant robbery.

the costs include VAT and delivery to his door so its all profit

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Postage charged by the OP is on top of the costs of the tins Julia. Its blatant robbery.

the costs include VAT and delivery to his dodor so its all profit

Reread what I said. If I take a small parcel to the postoffice to post it's 3.80, not 3.50, so he's making a 30p loss. If I buy the mailing boxes in bulk amounts, then I can get them for about a 1 quid, That has neatly swallowed up most of the 1.48 difference between the numbers you get and the numbers he's charging.

If you are assuming that the costs of a group buy are purely cost of item at seller (excluding P&P), plus the stamps from royal mail you are being naive.

For my group buys I had to buy a 25 pack of mailing boxes, to be able to get a sensible price, I went through a roll of scotch magic tape and several sheets of sticky labels before I even got to the postoffice. I walk to the postoffice, but if I had to drive there any distance then that would have to be included in the pricing structure too.

I say again I think you are being unfairly harsh upon midnitehound. I don't think that there is any real attempt to make a profit here, the guy's trying to do a group buy of stuff for the community, if it happens that the numbers round out in his favour, I would rather that than he makes a loss.

If you laid into me the way you have laid into midnitehound over a group buy, I would never do one ever again. Given what midnitehound is getting in for the group, I think that would be a greater loss than any tiny profit the guy might accidentally make on the group buy.

Julia

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Reread what I said. If I take a small parcel to the postoffice to post it's 3.80, not 3.50, so he's making a 30p loss. If I buy the mailing boxes in bulk amounts, then I can get them for about a 1 quid, That has neatly swallowed up most of the 1.48 difference between the numbers you get and the numbers he's charging.

If you are assuming that the costs of a group buy are purely cost of item at seller (excluding P&P), plus the stamps from royal mail you are being naive.

For my group buys I had to buy a 25 pack of mailing boxes, to be able to get a sensible price, I went through a roll of scotch magic tape and several sheets of sticky labels before I even got to the postoffice. I walk to the postoffice, but if I had to drive there any distance then that would have to be included in the pricing structure too.

I say again I think you are being unfairly harsh upon midnitehound. I don't think that there is any real attempt to make a profit here, the guy's trying to do a group buy of stuff for the community, if it happens that the numbers round out in his favour, I would rather that than he makes a loss.

If you laid into me the way you have laid into midnitehound over a group buy, I would never do one ever again. Given what midnitehound is getting in for the group, I think that would be a greater loss than any tiny profit the guy might accidentally make on the group buy.

Julia

I think you mean £2.80 for a small parcel up to 1KG, leaves plenty for packaging. like i said all profit

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I make it 3.90 2nd class recorded, or 3.20 first class non-recorded.

If you have this much issue with it, plus obviously the wherewithall to find the info out, why don't you organise a group buy instead, I'll transfer my order to you if it's going to be that much cheaper.

J

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Julia he states recorded is an extra £1.10 in the OP over and above the £3.50 being charged. If you are fortunate enough to be going to the moot he isnt charging postage so you are just paying the inflated price of the tins

who is doing the GB isnt really the issue here is it.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
who is doing the GB isnt really the issue here is it.

So you are saying you would rather no group by at all, than the one at the above prices?

I looked at some baccy tins in a shop recently, they wanted a couple of quid each. So a group buy is really welcome.

The obvious solution here given how annoyed you are with it, is to start a group buy of your own. Problem solved. No profit of even a penny is made, as you have organised it, we still get the tins at very good prices. Everyone is happy. Please, I await your group buy thread!

J

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Well clearly ive read too much into it. If everyone is happy to pay more than the product costs because its still cheaper than retail prices then perhaps we need to amend the forum rules to state that you are only allowed to make a profit of up to £100 then we will see lots of group buys.

ill get my coat

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
What's got your goat Bare? You have started off in a similar vain on another thread too over £1 difference of postage. Frankly most of this GB stuff is aimed for delivery at the Moot.

I have been badgering MNH for months to do this particular group buy. On eBay with postage the 2oz tins are best part of £3 each.

Pretty severe attempt at character assassination you have tried to pull off here. I look forward to what he has to say.

You have made some big assumptions in your attack. Ways and means to address such concerns but I really feel this is out of order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
What's got your goat Bare? You have started off in a similar vain on another thread too over £1 difference of postage. Frankly most of this GB stuff is aimed for delivery at the Moot.

I have been badgering MNH for months to do this particular group buy. On eBay with postage the 2oz tins are best part of £3 each.

Pretty severe attempt at character assassination you have tried to pull off here. I look forward to what he has to say.

You have made some big assumptions in your attack. Ways and means to address such concerns but I really feel this is out of order.

edit: the postage is not really the issue here its the price of tins. If they are free to deliver to the moot would you not expect to pay the tinware direct price?

thats fine by me, but you are buying direct from the manufacturer not ebay. If you want to pay a profit margin who am i to argue, if im wrong and there is an extra 84 quid of overhead in his numbers i'll gladly take whats coming to me

edit: the postage is not really the issue here its the price of tins. If they are free to deliver to the moot would you not expect to pay the tinware direct price?

Last edited:

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Just to be clear the numbers i put up in my first post exclude postage to members completely. the £84 profit is before he even charges £3.50 postage on top. So assuming his postage is calculated correctly you are just paying more for the tins than you should as a group to the tune of £84

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I've already pointed out that he had failed to price the 2 oz tins at all. Don't know if you noticed he was doing this at 4am!

Why have you taken this so personally?

Maybe you could do a better job Bare? Remind me what group buys you are running for every bodies benefit?

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I've already pointed out that he had failed to price the 2 oz tins at all. Don't know if you noticed he was doing this at 4am!

Why have you taken this so personally?

Maybe you could do a better job Bare? Remind me what group buys you are running for every bodies benefit?

Im not running any for the bodies benefit but then neither is he !!!

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Typical. Just happy to have a pop at someone else's efforts.

He's run loads of these group buys. I think I've benefitted from most of them.

Let's see what he has to say.

As I said earlier "Ways and means" to bring this to the fore without accusing him of Profiteering.

Look forward to him serving you in the Naughty Corner this August!

Lol. Midnitehound the Baccy Tin Carpetbagger!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE