1 1/2lb Forged Bowl Adze

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
I have a nice hand-forged bowl adze for sale, after a bit of a run of these over the past few weeks. Unlike my other Adzes, this one is a 1.5lb which means that it takes a fair bit more forging to get it to this stage, but the extra material within the head means that the tool is generally longer from poll to edge. This one measures just over 6", and the handle is 9.5". The cutting edge is 2.25" and has a superb little curve which would lend itself to bowls and the like. As with all my tools, the edges are taken up to a 2000 grit and polished to a jewellers finish (using rouge) on a polishing mop.
02189058-b4db-5adc.jpg

02189058-b4e9-186c.jpg

02189058-b4f6-bad5.jpg

The price for this adze is NOW £45. Please PM me if you're looking for something a little different, or would like something bespoke.

Many thanks :)

Last edited:

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Sunday afternoon bump and drop to £50 including recorded postage and fees etc. Testimony to my work can be found with the kind folks who've already bought my adzes from this thread here;
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90152

I should point out that the latest batch of Adzes have been differentially tempered, with the blade itself quenched at a 'dark straw' colour, meaning they are harder than the normal 'plum to brown' that I use for a softer edge.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE