£40 budget, what medium rucksack?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

flibb

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2005
Kent
I am after a medium sized (30L+) rucksack mainly for use as a daypack and bushcraft pack.. I have been offered an Arktis patrol pack (40-60L) + side pouches (giving 80L max) for around £40 new. I like the idea of the flexible size, as I can use it for most jobs my main pack is too big for. Can you think of anything else around £40? Cant find any reviews of these, have looked at the highlander 44 but like the expandability of the Arktis pack.

Cheers
Jon

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
I have that bag, it's good but the waistbelt broke (ripped off) almost immediately. Otherwise however it's tough, comfortable, got huge access, basically a good bag. Minor gripe in that in 40 L mode there is no drawstring, only on the 60L mode. A good bag, and at 40 quid with pouches, a real bargain! Mine was 40, with no pouches, and that was reduced anyway, so I'd jump at this one. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE