£12.97 for the new ray mears book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
hi to all just come back from a foray to my local tesco and there it was sat nicely in the book section at a saveing of £7.03 could not believe my eyes i say i could not believe my eyes ( shame i bought mine at £20.00) oh well.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
qweeg500 said:
Just ordered mine from bol.com at £8 and £1 delivery.

Matt
That is an amazing price. Thanks for the heads up Matt.

Not idea why it is discounted so heavily already? 60% off. I guess it will mean Tescos and the like end up with £9 out of £10 spent in the UK. Can't think what it does for people trying to write for a living.

jstyles

Sep 24, 2004
Wirral, UK
www.freewebs.com
Scally said:
hi to all just come back from a foray to my local tesco and there it was sat nicely in the book section at a saveing of £7.03 could not believe my eyes i say i could not believe my eyes ( shame i bought mine at £20.00) oh well.

It's even cheaper at Tesco online - 11 pound something. But you've got the P&P tp contend with, I suppose. Still - I guess you can get P&P affectively free if you use an online voucher. :D

They seem to be discounting a lot of books - but that's competition for you! Still - I agree I must be hard for some authors to make a living unless they are well known.
confused-smiley-003.gif

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Hello guys,

I went to the Bol.com site, the UK one and they still have the Ray Mears book for
8 BP + 1 BP postage to an UK address.

I'm a BOL.NL member but can't login to the UK one and I read that once you bought 1 book from them you need to order a second one within 6 months time.

So my question, could somebody who already is a member please order Ray's latest book and have it send to our companies address in Twickenham UK? so that a colleague can pick it up in a few weeks.

I could pay by sending the total amount + fees into your PayPal account or I could send you a Large Military Firesteel from Light-My-Fire Sweden or some other "solution".

I want to buy this book for our Scouting group so saving over 10 British Pounds compared to the Ray Mears site is a very good thing for my Scouting group ;)

you can reach me at: phenskens(at)hotmail(dot)com please exchange the text between () for the appropriate signs ;)

Best Scouting wishes from Holland,

Bagheera

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE