‘half-pint zombie slayer’ gets a new coat - pics

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Front - 12" square is for scale

S7300671_a.jpg

Rear

S7300672_a.jpg

Side shot with machete

S7300673_a.jpg

Close up of braiding.

S7300674_a.jpg

What every potential zombie slayer needs - machete and war hammer

S7300676_a.jpg

Specs:

Sheath.

Oiled 3mm veg tan

Brass Sam Browne closure

Copper rivets

Braiding - Pseudo ‘Spanish Edge Lacing of Three Loops’*. It was intended to be and should have been ‘Spanish Edge Lacing of Three Loops’ but it’s not quite correct - it’s somewhere between Two and Three Loops.

Machete.

Blade is stamped 1943. As stamped with the crows foot.
Steel – no idea. It’s pretty soft, it took all of 45 minutes to return the edge to a more usable state.
Handle material – no idea. At the time of construction, (pretty much) whatever was available would have been used

* Please note - Pseudo ‘Spanish Edge Lacing of Three Loops’ isn’t the correct name for the braiding. The correct name is ‘Oops, made a mistake! And continued to make the same mistake. Oh well, it looks reasonable’ :eek:

My apologies for the poor pics.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Looks really good Phil, you did a great job on the braiding despite you saying you made a mistake :)

Better bring it along with you to the moot so we can cut our way through all that balsam :lmao::lamo:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Better bring it along with you to the moot so we can cut our way through all that balsam :lmao::lamo:

I've just remembered that I've got a hand sickle lurking in the garage :welcome: :lmao:
I'll give it a half decent edge bin the morning ....

Nice work Phil, wouldn't of noticed any mistakes on that myself. :)

Cheers. I only noticed when I looked in the book for the braid I want to use on the kindling splitter :eek: Like I said - wrong, but looks reasonable :D :lmao:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I've just remembered that I've got a hand sickle lurking in the garage :welcome: :lmao:
I'll give it a half decent edge bin the morning ....

Damn.... I should have thought of that.

I've got a load of those sat in the works store room doing nothing since we banned the offenders using them :nono:

I could have sold them on to folks who want to fight their way through the balsam :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE