Recent content by FerlasDave

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
  1. FerlasDave

    Which Avatar

    Just go with the toilet roll and be done with it. :lmao:
  2. FerlasDave

    What fungi did you spot today?

    Get yourself a UV torch and go back for some more pictures of that sulphur tuft. It will look spectacular!
  3. FerlasDave

    My On The Bench Today Thread

    I want the orange one!!!
  4. FerlasDave

    Which Avatar

    I thought this was toilet paper! :lmao:
  5. FerlasDave

    What fungi did you spot today?

    A few ceps and plenty of other no so edibles yesterday.
  6. FerlasDave

    Headlight recommendations please

    Exactly what I figured. I’m forever losing headtorches as it’s an item I use so infrequently but always like to have one nearby, so swapping one from bag to car to workshop is asking for trouble when I do need one.
  7. FerlasDave

    Headlight recommendations please

    You might be put off because it’s a made in china product but hear me out! …I work underground at a Welsh slate mine sometimes 9+ hours a day scraping my helmet on the roof and getting dripped on constantly. They supply head torches but they’re all so old and knackered theres barely any point...
  8. FerlasDave

    Ron Hood

    Oh dear… I just read through all of those old posts on that thread. Derailed isn't even close! I’m not even going to drag up or suggest anything about that old thread for fear this one would go the same way. Hopefully now we can just ignore those conversations and just have a discussion about...
  9. FerlasDave

    JonathanD and CLEMS epic days out.

    And with CLEM you need to be sure which one is for drinking from!
  10. FerlasDave

    JonathanD and CLEMS epic days out.

    Nice one mate. I especially like your clearly labelled flask!
  11. FerlasDave

    Ron Hood

    Thanks for that. I did have a search but somehow it didn’t throw much back! Plenty to read there too.
  12. FerlasDave

    Ron Hood

    I’ve only recently come across Ron Hood, but honestly I feel like he should be far more prominent in the bushcraft “hall of fame”. Im sure trying to find out a bit more about him and his methods. Does anyone else have any interesting links, resources or literature made by him...
  13. FerlasDave

    Nessmuk - George Washington Sears YouTube series.

    Yeah I don’t think it’s that much a problem. Another option is to swing the double bit into a log so it’s fixed, then place your work on the upward facing edge and use your baton to drive your log down into the axe.
  14. FerlasDave

    Any gamers on here?

    I’m pretty excited that RuneScape is coming back soon too! I’ve been playing age of empires again recently :-)
  15. FerlasDave

    *The* Gift-It-On Thread

    Absolutely. Just send me a message with your address. :/)