Recent content by Dan00001

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
  1. Dan00001

    What did you buy today?

    2x Paramo shirts and a Camebak bladder. Got them for a bargain.
  2. Dan00001

    Headlight recommendations please

    Agreed you don't really need a lot of lumens, but 2000-3000 lumens or more is quite common on torches now. It doesn't mean you have to use all of those lumens, though. Most of my Sofirns are adjustable between around 5 lumens or so up to their maximum.
  3. Dan00001

    NBD: Crux AK-47

    I wouldn't mind one of theor smaller packs too. Maybe next year. Fell free to post pics.
  4. Dan00001

    NBD: Crux AK-47

    Personally wouldn't want them, it's a potential failure point in a particularly critical area, or could be accidentally opened when you don't want it to.
  5. Dan00001

    Mantracking

    By coincidence I got called out on a search yesterday. No tracking was involved but it was good to apply some of the skills learned over the weekend to a real search.
  6. Dan00001

    What happened to this photo?

    Notice the shadow on the ground is still there. I'm wondering if it's because you're viewing the fabric from edge on and the fabric is drooping out of view, which I hadn't thought of before, if that makes sense. Either way it looks so weird.
  7. Dan00001

    What happened to this photo?

    I suppose it could be an optical illusion due to looking along the edge of the fabric making it look as if it disappears. That's one hell of an optical illusion if so.
  8. Dan00001

    What happened to this photo?

    I guess it is a bit tricky to see at first and that's probably why I didn't notice it for a years. If you follow the first (nearest the door) guy line in the second photo, you can clearly see it's attached to the polycotton fabric of the tent. In the photo it just looks like the guy line is...
  9. Dan00001

    What happened to this photo?

    A couple of years ago I took some photos of my French Army F1 tent. The photos were taken on a Huawei Honor 20 Lite smart phone which was released in 2019. I only recently noticed something strange about one of the photos. Look at the second photo. Look at where the right hand guy lines (should)...
  10. Dan00001

    Mantracking

    Well, thoroughly enjoyed the entire weekend. We finished the weekend of with an outdoor search for a misper with an alcohol problem. We practiced both line searches and tracking. Tired no though. I also got my book signed by Don, who signed it: "Dan, thank you for all you do for mountain...
  11. Dan00001

    Mantracking

    Yeah, some of the other guys who weren't instructing but had been helping with the course said the same thing, that they end up following foot prints while out walking. I can't wait!
  12. Dan00001

    Mantracking

    Tomorrow we are tracking outside. I do have one question. How do I practice this in public without receiving funny looks? :lmao:
  13. Dan00001

    Mantracking

    It was great, we actually went to an indoor riding centre where we tracked footprints in sand. Very interesting and learnt a lot. Learnt how to (very poorly) sketch out a foot print, but more importantly what details are important, learnt the importance of looking for pronation/suspination in...
  14. Dan00001

    Mantracking

    Don't think I'll need my fingertips to check for saturation today, it's still raining! :D
  15. Dan00001

    Mantracking

    Thank you, me fingernails actually do need cutting. I have to ask though, why ?