Yellow Wood Bush Camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Atomic Bimbler

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2006
Cheshunt, Herts
twitter.com
Hello

Has anyone been to Yellow Wood Bush Camp in Hereford, if so, whats it like. I'm looking for a nice easy legal 'Wild Camping' site for winter and somewhere that I can introduce my sons to in the spring.

Thanks Guys n Girls

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
mate, not been there myself but its got a really good rep and the guy that runs it is top drawer, perhaps we organise a weekend during the winter and get a few of us together

I went there in May for a few days. Fantastic "wild" camping location with as much bushcraft as you want, I combined my trip with some trout fishing courtesy of the Wye & Usk Foundation. The site is found in a reasonably large piece of mixed woodland, you get a site to yourself within the woods, trees for your hammock (or a site large enough for a tent/lavvu) & a campfire!
Go on give it a go, you won't be dissapointed!
:beerchug:
No connection, just had a great few days there.

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
mate, not been there myself but its got a really good rep and the guy that runs it is top drawer, perhaps we organise a weekend during the winter and get a few of us together

Go for it mate, I'd love to join you, fantastic part of the country :eek: just don't forget to give me a heads up :rolleyes:

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
I've stayed there a couple of times, took my grandson there over Easter - great place to introduce kids to the outdoors.

If you speak to Paul before going he may be able to arrange some woodland management "work" for you - it depends on whats going on in the woods when you go.

For those interested in canoeing he has a nice canadian which he hires out, and you have the Wye close by to practice on.

ATB

Stewart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE