Tripod with or with out extension for Cooking over fire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
For Sale

Tripods, and a Tripod with Extension Bar,

110 cm legged Tripod, made from 10mm Steel.

Tripod

Weight is 3KG approx.

2013-03-16 10.36.29.jpg

£23.00 Delivered,

Tripod With Extension
Here we have for sale a tripod with added removable Extension Bar similar to the Voyageur type System.

This is made to have a widened fire under the tripod which is extended out under the side-arm that can be added on to allow a Dutch Oven and skillet or kettle to hang at the same time. If the side-arm is not required then it can be removed and the tripod can be used on its own.

Weight is 4.5 KG approx.

2013-03-16 10.37.59.jpg

£36.00 Delivered,

Great for group gatherings or parties!, As used at the Suffolk Bushcraft Group Meeting
DSC_0827.jpg

We can supply the Extension Only if you have a Tripod already, all we need to know is the hight of the Rings from the ground, how long you would like the arm and if you can hook a 10mm bar through them.

*** As these are made by ourselves - if there is an adaptation that you'd require, please contact us. ***

These are supplied in the Raw State and not painted.

Dutch Oven in the photo is NOT included - demo only.

The Price includes postage to Mainland UK except Highlands and Islands, sorry for this but I have just got a quote for an extra £20 for those areas, I am willing to send, but will have to get another quote at that time.

This will normally be sent out a few days after order by courier.

Any questions please contact Me, Collection is also welcome from our Forge on the outskirts of Ipswich, Suffolk, or at a Suffolk Bushcraft Meeting.

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thank you for the PM's ordering and showing Interest, I will be making some more this coming weekend. :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Any idea of a rough weight for the full set Stu? I wouldn't mind some for the canoe but I don't have a lot of freeboard left :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Any idea of a rough weight for the full set Stu? I wouldn't mind some for the canoe but I don't have a lot of freeboard left :)

Hi Shewie,

From memory the Numbers that spring to mind are

Tripod is about 3 Kg
and the Extension is about 1.5 Kg

That's off the top of my head, I can weigh one at the weekend to find out for sure, when go Down the Cave to make some more, I have not got one with me at the mo, mines down the Man Cave, as I don't have much storage at home.

I also wonder if we could cut the weight by making one out of 8mm with out losing too much strength, I will, check that out, and see what happens with a when a D/O is hung on one...

I will update you then.

Bluezephyr

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2013
Stratton
I bought one after a visit to Cumbria, the gypsies going to Appleby were using them to cook with on the side of the road and thought what a good idea!
Your delivered price is a lot better than I paid.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi Shewie,

From memory the Numbers that spring to mind are

Tripod is about 3 Kg
and the Extension is about 1.5 Kg

That's off the top of my head, I can weigh one at the weekend to find out for sure, when go Down the Cave to make some more, I have not got one with me at the mo, mines down the Man Cave, as I don't have much storage at home.

I also wonder if we could cut the weight by making one out of 8mm with out losing too much strength, I will, check that out, and see what happens with a when a D/O is hung on one...

I will update you then.

Cheers Stu, to be honest with you though, 4.5kg is much lighter than I imagined so I think we have a deal. It'll be pay day around the 26th if you've got any lined up for around then.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Cheers Stu, to be honest with you though, 4.5kg is much lighter than I imagined so I think we have a deal. It'll be pay day around the 26th if you've got any lined up for around then.

Thats no problem Shewie, I will be making some more this weekend, I will weigh one and let you know the exact weight, and will also try to work how hevey one will be at 8mm. the 26th is no problem :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I have now made the ones for the Guys that have ordered them, and an have made a couple more over the top,

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Apologies to 9InchNinja for not dispatching the Tripods yesterday, I have been ill with a bout of man flu, and will dispatching it tomorrow,

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I have only got one Tripod and extension left in stock, can split if you require just the Tripod,

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Stu - If you have one whole set still available I'll take it.

We can arrange whether to deliver or I pick up the next meet.

No Problem Chris, I have one in stock, its the last one, no problem with pick up or delivery, if its picked up at the meet, I can knock of the delivery for you. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE