Permission

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NarzaCyst

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2014
Cardiff
Hi all. I'm new here, long time follower, first time poster and all that cliché stuff.

Sorry if I've posted in the wrong place or if this has been posted / asked before, please feel free to move etc.

Anyway, I've been thinking.

I have been interested in bushcraft for approx 14 or so years, only slightly practicing until last year when o decided to take the plunge and go for it.

Ive been wild camping 3 times and have loved it. The first trip I probably brought enough equipment with me to fill a small transit van but loved every heavy step taken and reduced the weight and improved my gear / selection on every trip.

Anyway, let's get to the point....

I live in Cardiff and as it looks I'll be in the south Wales area for another year it two at least and wanting to get out and "wild camp" etc.

The thing is....... I've seen so many write-ups / youtube vids where people HAVE permission to "wild camp" but how do you get such permission?

How do you request permission on national parks, private land? Do you write a letter, send an e mail, knock on someone's door, create a kind of CV or prove that you have the skills and capabilities to not leave a trace etc???

As I said, I've been wild camping, obviously illegally, but have never left a trace and always left the area immaculate and brought any disturbance out with me from other less considerate people.

I'm a 32 Year old male that works in I.T. That has BS, SC and SC Plus security clearance due to my job, so do I include that kind of detail etc?

Obviously I'm looking for any reason to promote my cause to wild camp etc, but as "Wild Camping" is illegal, the implications could impact me in such a way to cause damage.

Any hints and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Narza.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE