1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member from Staffordshire

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcomes' started by DarthFil79, Sep 5, 2018.

1. DarthFil79

Hi All, I am a new member to the site, no real experience with bushcrafting other than making a few tarp shelters with my kids in the garden. Really feeling the need to start getting out into nature and gaining some skills which i can pass onto my kids. Got into wanting to do this after watching Ray Mears on TV years ago and then recently found TA Outdoors on YouTube and really enjoy Mikes videos on there.

Would like to get to know people from the same area as me as i have no ideas where there are good locations to go out and help build my skills up.

Anyway enough of a ramble, thanks, and i look forward to making new friends on here.

2. Fadcode

Fadcode Native

Welcome to the Forum, plenty of good info on here, and I am sure you will soon hook up with a local group, plenty of good locations near you, after all you aint that far from the Peak District, should be plenty of places to practice and perfect your art there.

3. Woody110

Woody110 Mod
    Mod

Welcome to you.
    Take a look around the site, and ask questions you may have. You’ll find it hard to find a member who isn’t willing to help.

4. John Fenna

John Fenna Maker

Hello and welcome!

5. crosslandkelly

crosslandkelly A somewhat settled

Hi, welcome and enjoy.

6. Wayne

Wayne BCUK Welfare Officer
    Mod

Welcome to the forum. Plenty of folk on here are rather knowledgeable so please join in.

7. stevec

stevec Nomad

Hello, nice to have you here. Are you from the north or south? The moorlands up north are the bit I know, my misses is from just outside leek. Plenty of nice places up there. Rudyard, tittesworth, three shires head, the woods round lud's church might all be worth a try

8. DarthFil79

I’m on the way out towards leek, just need to find a place I can go to and start practicing making a fire and setting up a temporary day camp at first. Would like to take minimal kit to start with and gather all materials for camp nearby where I set up camp.

In time then maybe do an overnight stay, but need to build up skills and kit first.

9. Snufkin

Snufkin Native

10. Andy T

Andy T Settler

theres a camping field at gradbach only £3 a night and fires are allowed.