Modifications on Savotta 323

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Askel

Aug 23, 2014
Växjö, Sweden
I’ve sort of fell in love with the traditional looking canvas/leather/brass backpacks. I’d love to get my hands on a Frost River Isle Royale JR. But in terms of size, comfort and price the Savotta 323 might be a better option. But it looks a bit boring in comparison.

Does anyone here own a Savotta 323, and have you made any modifications? I’m thinking attachment in leather, in both the bottom and the top lid, but also making some sort of axe sleeve. But I’d like tips on how/where to put it, to be able to carry the axe on the outside of the pack in the best way.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I have one, great pack, especially for the money. I've not felt the need to make any mods to it. It does have a couple of leather loops on the top for lashing a blanket under the lid. If I were going to fit an axe sleeve I'd probably put it next to one of the side pockets towards your back. It's quite a deep pack already so you'd want to try to keep the weight close to your body. Rather than putting attachment points on the top I think I'd put longer lid straps on so I could stuff more gear under the flap (but they are quite long already). It's not really a pack I'd want to overload as it doesn't have a waist belt to distribute the load so it might get tough on the shoulders.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE