Lavvu, Tipi, Yurt, Bell Tent - advice, help wanted.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Hi guys,

Right over the last couple of months I have been searching for a winter tent.

I looked into Tipis, Bell Tents and Lavvus.

I've set a budget on this of between £200 and £250

My research so far has led me to a couple of UK suppliers of the Yurt type Bell Tent. These include Soulpad and Bell Tent.

The model they sell I have in mind is the 4m one.

In researching this I have come across Obelink which is based in Holland. Sadly they don't sell to Fortress Britain as they already have a supplier over here (probably one of the companies mentioned above.) Typically if I go direct i can get the exact tent in budget for £100 less than over here.

Ok so collection may be an option but time constraints are an issue.

What I'm more interested in would be a Helsport type Lavvu.

Again thanks to advice from a couple of mates (cheers lads) a trip to XXL in Norway and buying direct puts this in budget.

Ideally what I'm after is any advice or anyone that has a Lavvu they are willingl to part with within budget.

I've posted this here because i think this type of tent is becoming more and more popular and someone in the future might search this and hopefully find this thread interesting and helpful.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Get a cheap flight to Oslo go to XXL and buy this ,

http://www.xxl.no/villmarksliv/telt...vu-ytter-og-stang-1049969?searchWord=helsport
get your tax back on the way back to blighty as its then an export :cool:

translation,
Ifjord 6 lavvu and outer bar
Helsport Ifjord lavvu, is a hexagonal, affordable lavvu with plenty of space. Ifjord comes with 4 split steel rod and valve at the top. Lavvu is otherwise well equipped with plug and Bardu parties, which means it can withstand a little more wind than the size suggests.
- Space: 4-6 persons
- Outer water column: 4000 mm.
- Weight incl plugs: 5.8 kg
- Weight steel bar: 1.9 kg
- This tent is not designed for indoor bålfyring. NB Remember to buy Ifjord 6 lavvu bottom. This reduces condensation and increases the comfort of activities:.
Listen

Cost £193 before tax back

While your there pick up one of these for me .:D

http://www.xxl.no/villmarksliv/turmat-turutstyr/kjeler-bestikk/baalkjele-0-7l-1043960

Twodogs

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE