Jaguar stalks & kills a caiman.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Incredible footage of a jaguar, stealthily (for want of a better word)) tracking, pouncing on & killing a caiman (for those that don't know that's a croc with a south American accent :D)

Watch & admire a master at work.......

[video=youtube_share;DBNYwxDZ_pA]http://youtu.be/DBNYwxDZ_pA[/video]

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
Wow! Ive seen footage and pics of Jags doing this before, but this croc is dispatched with pretty much instantly. A master predator for sure.

They are my joint favourite big cat (Siberian Tiger the other). :)

Cheers for sharing.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Awesome.

Just impressive how it's learnt to kill that so easily.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Hmm - how does the jag end up in the river? That bit of footage is missing - and plenty of viewers think the jag was shot first.

I didn't see anything to suggest that but it's possible. But jaguars apparently like to swim. And there are several other links showing caimans killing them.

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
I agree there is something definately "off" about that video. Conviniently situated slice of meat by the waters edge doesn't help me think otherwise either.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I agree there is something definately "off" about that video. Conviniently situated slice of meat by the waters edge doesn't help me think otherwise either.

Again, "possibly." But what would be the motive? Anybody going to that trouble would have profited more from killing the jaguar themselves and selling the hide than from a film of caimans eating it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE