Is there a Bucks Bushcraft group?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MK-MIKE

Dec 2, 2009
Milton Keynes
Hi all,

Newbie here. Is there a Bucks based (or near enough to Milton Keynes) bushcraft group? I want to get more involved in bushcraft and I would like to meet up and get involved in any local groups.

Cheers

Mike

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Hi MK MIKE.

There used to be a Bucks bushcraft group but they have gone their separate ways. Some are on another forum. I would suggest trying there.

There are also some other folks on this forum in Bucks, no doubt they will help too.

I hold an annual meet-up that has ended up with the name 'Hoot' purely by accident, this is in Bucks. I offer a family event and have a pit roast. if you need to know more look at my other post.

Cheers,

Swyn.

Last edited:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I have thinned the thread a little. I don't reckon that Mike's really all that bothered about passed history of the group formerly known as Buck Bushcraft Group.;) Not unless you can invite him along, as Swyn has done, to a meet :p

MK-MIKE

Dec 2, 2009
Milton Keynes
Hi all,

Many thanks for replying and saying hi.

I've just posted a response about the meet. I'm hoping to come along to the new year meet assuming there is space left :) and hopefully meet up and say hi to you all.

If I don't speak to you before, I wish all the very best for the festive season and a prosperous new year

Mike

sionhughes

Feb 15, 2006
Northampton
I'm near Salcey Forest. I'm kind of armchair bushcrafty, but would like to get out more, while I still have all my own teeth :). If anyone is doing anything locally, do let me know. I'm up for getting my hands dirty.

Apr 27, 2009
Chilterns
I'm a newbie here. Quite interested in bushcrafty stuff and pretty practical in most things. Into flintknapping at the moment, inspired by the find of what appears to be a spearhead in my uncle's garden

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Rod and I are planning a little gathering in the summer in complete contrast to the usual cold winter session. I have not gone beyond the thinking stage yet though!
I will post later in the year when we have made a decision.

There is a bell mine nearby but it has not been worked for millennia!!

Good to see that you are out there folks and not too far away!

Swyn.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE