Eel recipes please!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spiritofold

Banned
May 7, 2004
Winchester
www.spiritofold.co.uk
They are so slimey when just caught, its like the thickest most horrible snot you can get on your hands and clothes. Some people skin them after nailing them to a post, others gut and cook them with their skin on.

Make sure you take the bones out properly, and add plenty of vinegar.

stijnb

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2008
nederland
what i do myself is let him swim in clean water for a night, (place something on the bucket or it will be gone)
then next day, i put it in a bin bag in the fridge for about an hour so it is not solid, just so it seams dead.

ten take him upside down and put your thumb on his chin so that his neck is on your index finger, cut his troath and make a cut from the troath to the **** and take the stuff out.
then get him out of his coat and just fry with a bit of pepper and salt:)

The best thing in the world though is smoked eal when it's still warm, pull him out of his coat and bite from the spine like corn :) :) really nothing beats that

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
my favouirite way of cooking eel is skinning it and cutting into 1-2 inch sections and then just rolling sections in seasoned flour and deep-frying till golden. If you skin eel kill it with a knife through the head but leave head on as it makes skining easier, if you are not skinning eel just cut it's head off. You can jelly eel in just a small amount of boiled water and then refrigerating as the skin will produce the jelly.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Fillet your eel (Not easy)

season some cornflour with salt pepper and chilly flake.dip in your eel.

Fry in light oil and use a sweet chilly dip

Yum Yum Yum!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE