Comriecroft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
While the New Year Meet was kind of mellowing out one night, Windward mentioned that he'd like a Burn's Night meet up on the site.

That would be the weekend of the 25th January, not long away, I know :rolleyes:

Any interest in this ?

cheers,
Toddy........who really will wear her arisaid this time round. :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think it could be fun :D
I'd even pick Russ up and take him back to view the scene of the crime :rolleyes: :D
Locum we'll get to see you there yet :cool: Have fun in Ireland though :)

cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I thought if we planned to cook a meal for all of us on the Saturday night that would mean that if folks wanted to make a long weekend around it, they could, or if they were only able to manage one day/ evening/ night/ whatever, that should be fine too. :)

Looking awfully quiet so far........

Russ is in a moonboot type cast now so that he can keep an eye on his stitches but he's not allowed to bear any weight on that foot.

cheers,
M

drew1166

Jun 1, 2007
Wishaw, Scotland
Hi Mary,
The wee one has an Irish Dance competition on that day up in Penicuik. Will talk to SWMBO and get back to you. If the BOSS lets me go.... I will bring up me plaid and Greth.

Hope you are all doin well.

Cheers

Andy B :)

windward

Forager
Sep 28, 2006
Edinburgh
I'm still up for it...there was a chance I'd need to go south but thats not happening anymore. Think it could be a nice way to spend the weekend for a Burns night.

There's a chance I could bring a 15 man Tipi so if theres only a few of us we could be in there for cooking and eats. Will know soon.

Oct 8, 2006
Scotland
Toddy, if this is going to happen I promise that I will also wear my arisaid. Can bring the Pio along. I know its a bit of a contradiction, but can you veggie haggis.

here's hoping

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Excellent , I was going to phone you later :D

No, I can't, it's got gluten in it.
However, I do have a recipe for one that's made with lentils and peanuts, so I'm going to give it a go and see how it tastes :cool:

Go on, bring the poi :D spinning fire around is serious fun :D

:grouphug:
M

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I might be pushing my luck as I'm also away camping in Feb.

But as I live so close, and space is unlikely to be an issue, I may well drop in with one or more of my sons.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Y'know Magikelly and Warthog1981 now call billie sizes by how many haggi they can hold for boiling ? :rolleyes: You know the pot Russ uses for water ? that's a three haggis pan iirc :lmao:

atb,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm giving this thread a bump, and hoping that folks will give a heads up if they're seriously thinking of coming along or not.

The site ought to still be quiet enough that using the camping field shouldn't be a problem with other folks.
I don't think there'll be loads of us anyway, but a shared meal and a chance to sit and catch up would be good :cool:
It's still lightish to nearly five so maybe aim for dinner the back of six ? and then a mellow company, a supper to clear the decks ?
Play with poi, make some music, pass the quaich around, recall some of the Bard's words :) toast his memory and enjoy the company.

The woods are good for the hammocks, the campsite is easy to reach from the car, loos and showers and hot running water, all excellent. Open fires actively encouraged :D
http://www.comriecroft.com

If folks are happy with this I'll phone the site tomorrow and see what they say about a parachute ( or a byre ) just in case.

Hey Windward :) This was a good idea you had :approve:

cheers,
Toddy

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Mary,i will be there,also i will be bring my youngest as this will be her first bushy outing and shes hyper already :rolleyes:

Will we have to phone to book a pitch again or do you think it will just be a case of turning up?

Thanks Stuart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE